Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Set Style not consistent in Section View

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
dorkyfreak
730 Views, 5 Replies

Code Set Style not consistent in Section View

Hi all, 

I've been having the issue with code set style and making the section view to look the way I want. I created a new code set style and it shows perfectly the way I want in the assembly. When I create the section views, I specify the sections to have the same code set style, but for some reason, it shows up in a different color.

I provided an example showing the fence line as an assembly and in section view. For "mysterious" reasons, the color is different in the section view than in the assembly. And I've checked many time in the section view properties and assembly properties to make sure that both are displaying the same code set style. Can someone explain to me why it's still different?

Lydia

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: dorkyfreak

Would be able/willing to post the drawing, or a slimmed down version that exhibits this?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6
sjg
Advisor

Did you compare your display settings between plan and section for your styles. An assembly looks like a section view, but actually uses plan view display settings.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 4 of 6
dorkyfreak
in reply to: sjg

Hi Steve, 

For the assembly properties, I do not see any plan or section styles. Just to make sure we are on the same page, there's three tabs in the assembly properties: information, construction, and codes. I make sure that under the code tab it specified the code set style I want, in this case, it's called RAIL- all codes. I then go over to the section view that doesn't look right and look at the section view properties. Under the Sections tab, the section/cooridor style is the same code set style as the assembly.

The subassembly that I'm using is a vertical link. In the section view, it's showing a continuous yellow line instead of a centerline that's cyan. Maybe the issue is not the style but the subassembly? 

Lydia

Message 5 of 6
mikeharris17

I think he was referring to the separate plan and section display settings in the code set style, not the assembly properties.
Message 6 of 6
dorkyfreak
in reply to: mikeharris17

Thank you mikeharris for clearing that up. I realized that the style for marked point, link, and shape all have Plan and Section display, and all i have to do is make sure that the section display has the right color and linetype.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report