Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clipping Surface Profile Display

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
4950 Views, 10 Replies

Clipping Surface Profile Display

I have a surface profile which has 2 surfaces in it. The surfaces overlap, and where there is overlap I just want to show one surface. Right now it looks like I'm going to have to smack a new boundary on the one surface to clip it, but I thought there might be a way to limit the display range of one surface in the profile. Right now, I've only figured out how to do this so both surfaces are limited to the same range, but I can't figure out how to do it if you want to just control the range displayed of one surface and show all of the other surface.

Thanks!.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
troma
in reply to: Anonymous

When you create a surface profile you can limit the start and end. Usually we ignore this, but sounds like what you need.
Unfortunately, AFAIK there is no way to edit this afterwards. So add the surface profile again, and limit the station as necessary. Then delete the one that is too long.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 11
troma

If you need a gap and then for it to start again, you will have to add it multiple times.

Mark Green

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: troma

Thank you, that made me realize that I was confused about the way the interface works. You set your parameters, THEN hit add. I was trying to do things backwards before.
Message 5 of 11
troma

Yes. I don't know why you can't adjust the start & end station afterwards, but that's how it is.

Mark Green

Message 6 of 11
rkmcswain
in reply to: troma

troma wrote:
Yes. I don't know why you can't adjust the start & end station afterwards, but that's how it is.

Doesn't seem like an option in 2015 either. I don't get it, why not allow this to be edited....?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 7 of 11
jameshitt
in reply to: rkmcswain

It's a great question: why is this not a feature? As of version 2017, this is still not an option. I can't understand why such an incredibly basic, pedestrian, obvious feature has yet to be implemented in the program.

So, why is this so, Autodesk?

Message 8 of 11
rkmcswain
in reply to: jameshitt

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 9 of 11
ChicagoLooper

You can indeed choose start and end stations. Profile view properties/stations tab/station range/user specified range.

Profile View Properties, Stations Tab.Profile View Properties, Stations Tab.

Chicagolooper
Message 10 of 11
jameshitt
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

You are talking about something else. You are referring to the stationing of the Profile View, whereas we are referring to the stationing of an individual Profile within the Profile View.

Message 11 of 11
jameshitt

Correction, an individual Surface Profile within the Profile view.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report