Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil3D Label with multiple Grips

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RCBmstg007
257 Views, 2 Replies

Civil3D Label with multiple Grips

Hopefully as easy answer. Can I create a Civil3D Label with mulitple Grips? I have a pipe label that I want to add another note attached to the label (Only label the pipe once). But I want to take the second text and drag it above the pipe label and it not be angeled as the label in the pipe.

So the pipe label has its normal info that is the same angel as the pipe. But the other text in the same label show at a normal straight text.

Hope that makes some sense.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ccoles
in reply to: RCBmstg007

You can create a separate label to show the info at the proper rotation, or lack of rotation, and simply attach both labels to the pipe. We have two structure labels that are similar. One label displays structure name, location, and rim elevation that gets attached to the top of the structure, and another label displays inverts in and out and is attached at the bottom. One obejct, two labels. Theoretically, you can attach several labels to a single object. and have them all displayed at the same time. I don't think you can do what you're asking in a single label.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 3 of 3
sirjoelsph
in reply to: RCBmstg007

As far as I know, you can't have one label style that will act in the way you are talking about, without it getting very complicated.  You can label a pipe twice though, with two different label styles to get the look you're going for.  Seeing an example of what you're looking for would help also.

-JOEL

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report