Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil View - Coordinate system.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sowhoong.tung
651 Views, 6 Replies

Civil View - Coordinate system.

I was trying to export 2 surfaces from Autodesk Civil 3D 2013 to Civil View in Autodesk 3ds Max Design.

However I found that the 2 surfaces are shifted away after importing them in Autodesk 3ds Max Design.

I have adopted Global Import Scene as recommended by Civil View but the result is still the same.

Any clue?

I suspect that I mess up with my 3ds max design settings accidentally.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
BrianHailey
in reply to: sowhoong.tung

• Does this happen on just your machine or other machines as well? If you only have the one machine with 3ds Max, you can post the file up here and someone will be able to test it for you I'm sure.
  • Have you seen this happen on different data sets?
  • Has either one of your surfaces been moved in Civil 3D? Check the edits of each surface for a "Transformed by" edit.

Hopefully this will help us get to the bottom of the issue.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 7
sowhoong.tung
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks Brian.

Does this happen on just your machine or other machines as well? If you only have the one machine with 3ds Max, youcan post the file up here and someone will be able to test it for you I'm sure.

Sorry, I don't have second machine to test.

Due to the size of the file, i uploaded to dropbox.  Please get it from here

Have you seen this happen on different data sets?

Yes. Same result on my other project as well.  However, if i'm not mistaken, I have imported drawing once without any issue(when 3ds Max was freshed install).  Until I have gone through few tutorials by autodesk, I only found this issue.  I wonder if i have mess up with the setting  in 3ds Max during the tutorial.

Has either one of your surfaces been moved in Civil 3D? Check the edits of each surface for a "Transformed by" edit. Hopefully this will help us get to the bottom of the issue.

No.

Message 4 of 7
BrianHailey

Seems to be working just fine for me. I honestly don't know what would be causing the issue. 

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 5 of 7
sowhoong.tung

Thank you Brian.

May I know have you adopted the Global Import Shift setting?  What is the coordinate showing in the 3ds Max plan?

Message 6 of 7
BrianHailey

I did accept the shift. Unfortunately I don't have access to the data right now and I'll be going on vacation later this week so I probably won't be much more help. Perhaps someone else can help you out.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 7 of 7
sowhoong.tung

Brian, really appreciate your help.

I manage to solve it by reinstalling the 3ds Max Design.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report