AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Alumni
machadt
Message 11 of 16 (6,957 Views)

Re: Civil Imperial Subassemblies not working

02-06-2013 02:58 PM in reply to: tcorey

You are missing one of our default paths there, is should be the first one on top.

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\appdata\roaming\autodesk\c3d 2013\enu\support

Please add it and let me know if this work for you.

Tatiana Machado
AEC-ENI Application Engineer
Contributor
mauserp08
Message 12 of 16 (6,951 Views)

02-07-2013 06:44 AM in reply to: mauserp08

Tatiana,

The path was there but was located towards the bottom of the list. I moved it to the top but it did not help. The toolbars still will not work and do not show any thing other than what I posted earlier. I did get a fatal error when I tried to select anything on the Assemblies - Metric or Assemblies Imperial. I have included an image of the fatal error for you to look at. I have tried to select other portions of those two tabs and each will give me a new error code. Any ideas?

Sid.

Contributor
mauserp08
Message 13 of 16 (6,948 Views)

02-07-2013 07:01 AM in reply to: tcorey

Tim,

I have talked to my boss and it looks like I will be doing the unistall and reinstall soon. I have a lot of parts that I created for my pressure pipe library that I need to copy out before I do so. I did post a fatal error message to Tatiana. Any ideas on what is happening there? Thanks.

Sid.

Alumni
machadt
Message 14 of 16 (6,945 Views)

02-07-2013 07:33 AM in reply to: mauserp08

Sid,

Try to reset your user setting before doing a clean install, here is the link for this procedures just in case:

Resetting user setting:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19170578&linkID=9240697

Clean install of C3D:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20304823&linkID=9240697&CMP=OTC-RSS...

Tatiana Machado
AEC-ENI Application Engineer
*Expert Elite*
tcorey
Message 15 of 16 (6,942 Views)

02-07-2013 08:08 AM in reply to: mauserp08

mauserp08 wrote:

...Any ideas on what is happening there? Thanks.

Sid.

Hello Sid,

It could be caused by several different things. Without sitting at your system, I wouldn't be able to tell you why it's happening.

I have done it myself many times: You're so intent on knowing why you have an error that you spend hours on it over several days. A reset of the software is often the most expedient way to get you back to work.

Tatiana is right, you should try resetting the user first. That takes seconds. If that doesn't fix it, try a repair install, that takes a minute or two. Doesn't work? Do the clean uninstall, re-install. That can take an hour, depending on your setup source and status of your realtime virus scanning.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey, Owner
Delta Engineering Systems
Redding, CA
Autodesk Authorized Value-Added Reseller
Contributor
mauserp08
Message 16 of 16 (6,938 Views)

02-07-2013 01:00 PM in reply to: machadt

Tatiana,

Well I went through all the steps outlined by you and it took a clean install to get everything working. So far everything looks to be running like it should and I am able to build assemblies. Now to get my personal settings set up and I am off and running.

Tim,

You were right about spending hours and days trying to figure out a problem. To be honest when I first discovered this I spent a little time on it before I posted here. This one was way above my head. See, this old dog can learn a new trick or two.

I want to thank both of you for your help in resolving this issue. It is much appreciated and I could not have done it without your help.

Thanks.
Sid.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs