Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil Design Companion install problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rblalock
99 Views, 3 Replies

Civil Design Companion install problem

I'm the IT guy (and former AutoCAD user) doing a network deployment of Land Desktop 2006 and Civil Design Companion.

I have been able to load the programs properly on my test PCs. However, on a user's PC, I am not getting the Civil Design menus.

In working with the CAD Manager, we can see when he loads the Civil Design workspace, it looks like it loads the common menu items from Land Desktop but does not load any of its menu items, i.e., "Hydrology."

This leads me to think it is a user account permissions problem and I have tried various tricks to fix that without success. I am going to do further testing on other machines but wonder if anyone has already solved this mystery.

Thanks!

- Richard
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: rblalock

Make sure the user has write rights in the deployment site if you have logging on.
Also a similar thread in here indicating the civil cui can be installed "empty"

John Postlewait
IS Department
George Butler Associates, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
rblalock

Thanks for the assist, John.

I just installed it on a user's machine with the user as an administrator and it seems to have worked. Onto the next headache.

- Richard
Message 4 of 4
rblalock

Followup:

The problem is LDC and CDC do not seem to follow installation rules irt user profiles. Better behaved programs install via an administrator's account and put files others will use in the 'All Users' Windows user profile. Then when a user logs onto the PC they get this data.

Right now only the user account under which the program is installed gets a proper, non-error creating installation, all others need not apply.

- Richard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report