Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d / map3d object data to 3d dwfx

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MikeEvansUK
540 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3d / map3d object data to 3d dwfx

I attended a seminary yesterday about Information Management and one thing I picked up on was you can attach Map Object data to Civil3d objects. - Genius I thaught -

I Figured I would have a play with thiis idea and have hit a bit of trouble.

I can attach the information but you cant export civil objects to sdf and take the map OD with you. I can append the map data using the map3d sdf out and add the data but the values don't seem to travel across.. Iv'e not really played with all the methods etc for this so theres probably an easy way around and i'm doing something stupid. As we all know you don't get the option to select the object properties that get exported.

DotNet tool to convert all civil entity props to data table and attach to objects I think then normal sdf out command?

Next snag, I tried to export a 3d Dwf file with all the civil object propoerties & map object data combined but I don't seem to be able to do this. It will export the civil3d information but not the map info.

I read a post from Murf saying that you need to run the mapdwfoptions and followed his advice to no avail. I'm sure there is an easy way to do this and I'm just missing something here.

The same problems I expect would apply to navisworks NWC files.

Any Ideas or help would be appreciated.

Mike

(R2013 SP0)

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Are you sure you went to a seminary?

Smiley Happy

Bill

Message 3 of 5
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: wfberry

Ha ha, well spotted bill. Slip of the handy. ; ) M.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 4 of 5
Murph_Map
in reply to: wfberry

Saw that too Bill and wonder when the reselle's bussiness got that bad to do demos at them.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 5
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: Murph_Map

Bang on. Pick on the little guy 🙂 Murph, I thaught you may be shoe to help here. I don't seem to see map object data in dwfx files, tried different methods of publishing but no joy. Read your post re : mapfwf options and set accordingly . Strangely. Now I see no c3d info either. I didn't expect to see both but neither means I'm doing something wrong.
Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report