Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d help file

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
OMCUSNR
715 Views, 7 Replies

Civil 3d help file

Hey guys, I used to hang around these forums a good bit, but I've been away from Civil work for a couple of years now, and I'm trying to get back into it w/ C3d 2013. Used to be the help files were all in pdfs, and I had no problem printing out any tpoic or portion of a topic I wanted. Now, with the online / html stuff, I can't print squat, and I HATE trying to read help file through a browser. The tutorials are still pretty good, but trying to find what I want and in a format I can use is a complete pain. What's the best way (only way?) to print a whole topic - not just a page at a time? Are the help files still available as pdf files somewhere / anywhere - hidden on my computer or available for download? I swear this product / company just keeps getting worse & worse the longer I try to use it. Appreciate the Help - you guys are the best resource out there. If this has been answered before (didn't find anything in search) - give me a link. Reid
Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: OMCUSNR

I know of no source for a PDF version of the help. It was complained about by many, but the html help is all we have, either online or on your pc. They said this was so changes could be easily made when errors in the documentation are found.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 8
OMCUSNR
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff, Figured that Do you know any way to print a topic a t a time vs page at a time? Reid
Homebuilt box: I5-2500k, MSI P67A-GD65, 12gig DDR3 1600 ram, ASUS ENGTX460 Video card, WD Velociraptor WD4500HLHX HD, Win 7 64 pro.
Message 4 of 8
pendean

There is no such option.
Message 5 of 8
Pointdump

Snipping Tool? Print Screen?

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 6 of 8
Neilw_05

You might consider buying a book such as Mastering C3D. I think you'll find the books are easier to learn from and it will save you lots of printing.
Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 7 of 8
OMCUSNR
in reply to: Neilw_05

Sigh... ANOTHER $80 book. I have them all the way back to DCA / ACAD 2.1G. About every third release, and ever release, the documentation / help keeps getting worse, not better. The books are good, and usually worth it, especially in conjunction with a local or nearby CC class, but I sure wish the (well, I can't call them anything nice here) at autodesk would at least try to come up with some decent documentation for a $6,000 program. Last one I have is Mastering C3d 2008. Thanks guys for trying.... Reid
Message 8 of 8
Pointdump

Reid,

I used to feel the same way about AutoCAD Help. But once I dug into the Tutorials and Help Section, I found them really quite helpful. Yes, the Help Section is written by lawyers and could stand improving, but make an attempt to step through the Tutorials at least. After that, the YouTubes and this Forum will fill any gaps.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report