Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d dialogue box display problems

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kjpannell
927 Views, 6 Replies

Civil 3d dialogue box display problems

I am running AutoCad Civil 3d 2013 on a windows7 64 bit Lenovo W530 laptop with a Nvidia K2000M and am having display problems for any of the settings boxes that fly out of prospector.  For instance in the point settings dialogue, when I try to expand and collapse the available options for default point style, sequential numbering, automatic elevations, etc.  the display won't refresh until I move my cursor off of the dialogue box.  Elipses won't display and generally no options are apparent until I move my cursor off of the dialogue box.  I'm a new Civil3D user and the apparent lack of options in the settings box really throws me.  Any known issues or fixes?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: kjpannell

I get this too. .. grabbing the dialog and shaking it also works for me. ....

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: neilyj666

Hi,

you are both working on nVidia, I also saw that on nVidia-gc (HP workstations), maybe a driver-update or driver-setting might help?

If it's not the driver-version maybe a setting like buffering or any acceleration things?

(on my ATI I'm working most of the time I never had that problem).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 7
kjpannell
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I currently have the most up to date performance driver from Nvidia.  I've tried all of the recommended toggling of hardware acceleration & adaptive degradation.  I'm not really sure what the settings in the driver utility do, so I hesitate to start messing around with them in fear of making things worse. 

I can get the information I need in the box eventually, sometimes....  It just seems like if I've spent $5,500 on the software and $2,000 on a new laptop, with Autocad in mind, the software should work?  No?? 

Message 5 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> the software should work?

Yep, I have not said that nVidia is bad (if I could get one I would have one), I just realized that you are seeing that on nVidia boards and I saw it on nVidia too. It should be nothing else then "oh, that might be the point I have to look behind".

The nVidia-driver has a lot of options (sorry that I'm not able to dive into it), but I guess it's worth to first slow down the settings in the driver to "nothing does accelerate anything" and then turn on back the options until the issue reoccurs (ok, first save the settings, of course!).

If you are on subscription it may be worth to try C3D 2014, if it shows the same symtoms.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 7
kjpannell
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

O.K. so I finally figured out a solution:  Change BIOS settings to use dedicated graphics card at all times, instead of switching between Intel integrated graphics card and the Nvidia Card.  Re-load the correct driver.  Also, the autodesk certified hardward driver search is a little misleading.. If I would have followed the link through system hardware instead of graphics hardware, there is a different driver for the K2000M card.  The combination of these two changes solved the performance issue.

Message 7 of 7
kjpannell

O.K., so I thought I had the problem solved..... Same thing happening again.  Anyone using the same hardware configuration that can help?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report