Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d Section Data

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ajmagnotta
328 Views, 3 Replies

Civil 3d Section Data

Is there anyway to create a point from the coordinate and elevation data listed in a section inquiry panel (see attached)?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BrianHailey
in reply to: ajmagnotta

Automatically? Not that I'm aware of. If you just have a few, screen capture it and then use the "Create point by station offset of an alignment" (or something like that) and type in the station and offset and then change the elevation (not sure if it will prompt you for an elevation).

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 4
ajmagnotta
in reply to: ajmagnotta

Unfortunately, I have to create a few hundred points.  Since the Inquiry gives you the coordinates & elevation of the selected point, I was hoping that there was a function similar to the "Convert from AutoCAD points" under the Points --> Utilities menu. 

I will try the create point from Alignment Station/Offset option.  Also, I imagine that I could copy the Inquiry information into a PNEZD file, and use the import point file function. 

Please let me know if there are any other potential options out there.

Thanks;

-A.J.

Message 4 of 4

One thing you could try is to add the points directly in the "Corridor Section Editor..." command. When you are looking at the corridor sections you are in a clipped view of the model. You can add points by just snapping to the corridor geometry. It will pick up the xy and prompt for the z (with the z from the model as the default).

Another trick you can do is draw polylines in the view and then add these to the model as surface breaklines. This allows you to draw surfaces in cross sections.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report