Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d, Civil View and 3d max export other things than Terrain and Corridors`?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Waterfree
517 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3d, Civil View and 3d max export other things than Terrain and Corridors`?

Hello there! Trying to figure out how i can export other things than Corridor models and Terrain from Civil to 3ds Max.

The reason i ask, is there is many things i like to show in my renders. Such as buildings, rivers and such. But because 3ds max does not like working in real coordinates. It is better to import the corridor and the terrain close to the 0,0,0 point in Max.

The problem now. If i xref or import the DWG to max. It will be placed in the wrong place:/

Any worarounds for this?? Basicly polylines that need importing...

Cheers!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Cadguru42
in reply to: Waterfree

@Waterfree wrote:

Hello there! Trying to figure out how i can export other things than Corridor models and Terrain from Civil to 3ds Max.

The reason i ask, is there is many things i like to show in my renders. Such as buildings, rivers and such. But because 3ds max does not like working in real coordinates. It is better to import the corridor and the terrain close to the 0,0,0 point in Max.

The problem now. If i xref or import the DWG to max. It will be placed in the wrong place:/

Any worarounds for this?? Basicly polylines that need importing...

Cheers!

Make those polylines into feature lines, then the Civil View export will bring them in. 

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 3 of 5
dsimenic

I usually export corridors and surfaces into 3DS Max, where Civil View tells me amount of -X and -Y translation.

For the other ACAD objects (houses for example) I simply move them (only -X and -Y translation from the Max scene); save AS to Acad_houses_Move; them import into 3DS scene.

Message 4 of 5
Waterfree
in reply to: dsimenic

How do you get the right insertion point when you do it that way? Do you move the lines inside Civil or Max?
Message 5 of 5
dsimenic

Usually, I insert some 3d blocks in Civil 3D, put them on the right X;Y;  then project them on C3D Surface - to have a right Z value. Then, I make a X and Y translation (values from CivilView scene in 3DS Max - scene where EG and Corridor are allready imported), and move a blocks to a new location - in the Civil, aka Acad - simply "Move" command (-X, -Y, 0). Then extract them (wblock) to a new drawing, who consist only a wished Acad objects. After that, I import this objects in 3DS Max scene -and they are on right position.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report