Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d 2013 Bugs / Glitches

34 REPLIES 34
Message 1 of 35
9civil3d
7052 Views, 34 Replies

Civil 3d 2013 Bugs / Glitches

Been working on C3D 2013 for a few weeks - not sure if anyone else is having these problems:

• When zooming in/out using mouse wheel, cad doesn’t recognize past the first scroll intellizoom and places hundreds of ‘group of commands’ where the single zoom should be noted as ‘one’ intellizoom.  (Settings are set to combine pan & zooms).  The undo command limit is reached during a short drawing session due to this.  This is a major issue for me.  

zoom undo.jpg

• When isolating a polyline (and deselecting a feature line or other object) – autocad crashes.

• Can’t print the model network plan view from ssa – it has a code error everytime.

• Display of masked object (surface labels) in layout tab viewports (dark brown color behind text) issue.

• When editing quick properties in cui, upon exiting, the toolbars are moved off-screen on the left side adj to docked ‘properties’ (they’re locked).

• Unable to read the Object Data from the selected Autocad entity error pops up randomly, but doesn't affect anything.

• In layout tab with a rotated viewport – ortho reverts back to original ucs during move/copy command while zooming in/out.

34 REPLIES 34
Message 2 of 35
dasindog
in reply to: 9civil3d

I have the issue "Display of masked object (surface labels) in layout tab viewports (dark brown color behind text) issue."

I've been working with support at Autodesk on this. This only occurs when "display plot styles" is checked in the page setup manager. Can you verify this for me by unchecking this option and sharing your results?

I am also having issues with C3D reverting to UCS settings that I haven't used or are just whacked out.

Looks like I am not having as many issues as you are.

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
Message 3 of 35
9civil3d
in reply to: dasindog

box was already unchecked in page setup manager, still brown.

Message 4 of 35
Cadguru42

1.) This is probably an Autocad problem, but the new command line never remembers its width between sessions. I can have it farily wide, save the workspace, close C3D, reopen C3D and the command line is back to being extremely short.  Not a deal breaker, but annoying as hell.

2.) Map issue with GeoTIFF header information being ignored. Raster Design and Map ignore the units.

3.) General lack of documention or notification about changes.  There was no mention in the help files or anything about Map now being able to reproject images to match your current drawing coordinate system.  The survey figure properties have a button to convert a vector-based figure to a chain-based figure, but there's nothing in the help files talking about what this is and why it's even in 2013 in the first place.  Aren't all figures already vector based as well as pretty much everything in Autocad?  There's also nothing really mentioning that with 2013 there is a new version of the survey database, so if you migrate a project you cannot ever go back.

As with the OP, I have also noticed that the undo menu gets full of "Group of commands" extremely fast, even when hardly any commands have been executed. 

I've been using 2013 for small things, but I'm not recommending it for our company until a bunch of these issues have been resolved or workarounds figured out.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 5 of 35
Sinc

I'm still trying to figure out why I can't get my MX Anywhere mouse to work in C3D...  It USED to, back on my old laptop with C3D2009-2011, but now I can't Zoom Extents or Pan.  And yes, I've gone into the "Application Specific" SetPoint settings and set Button 3 to "Autoscroll" for acad.exe, which is how I got it to work before.  Has no effect now in C3D 2012/2013, however...  It's been yet another of those "upgrade annoyances" I haven't yet figured out...

Sinc
Message 6 of 35
Cadguru42
in reply to: Sinc

@Sinc wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out why I can't get my MX Anywhere mouse to work in C3D...  It USED to, back on my old laptop with C3D2009-2011, but now I can't Zoom Extents or Pan.  And yes, I've gone into the "Application Specific" SetPoint settings and set Button 3 to "Autoscroll" for acad.exe, which is how I got it to work before.  Has no effect now in C3D 2012/2013, however...  It's been yet another of those "upgrade annoyances" I haven't yet figured out...

Is "Autoscroll" the same as middle button for the MX? I have a Logitech M705 and in order to get the wheel button to work correctly I had to set it to middle-click instead of scrolling.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 7 of 35
Sinc
in reply to: Cadguru42

Unfortunately, the MX Anywhere doesn't seem to have a "middle click" setting.

And "Auto-scroll" always USED to work, on older versions of C3D...  Not sure what changed, but it's yet another of those frustrating things I have to deal with for every yearly upgrade.  STILL haven't solved the problem.  I hope it's not another of those "he said, she said" things...  (e.g., Autodesk says it's Logitech's problem, while Logitech says it's Autodesk's problem...)

Sinc
Message 8 of 35
Nikki101

The mouse scroll / extensive undo lists are driving my office crazy!  A resolution to this issue asap would be greatly appreciated.....

Rob

Message 9 of 35

On the pan and zoom combo; do you have the combine pan and zoom commands turned off in options, on the user preference tab?

Message 10 of 35

Amazing!  You are considered an autCAD shink in our office right now!  Thanks Christian.

Message 11 of 35
admin
in reply to: christian.barrett

I've checked this box but still have the "group of commands" problem

Message 12 of 35
troma

"When editing quick properties in cui, upon exiting, the toolbars are moved off-screen on the left side adj to docked ‘properties’ (they’re locked)."

I haven't got 2013, but I had similar problem in 2008.  Working with dual monitors, when I opened the CUI dialogue and hit OK, all my toolbars moved from second monitor to just barely edging onto my first, all on top of each other.  They were locked.  My workaround: never edit the CUI.  Nice, right?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 13 of 35
Sinc
in reply to: troma

No.  You should be able to edit your CUI file.  That's the whole point of even having it.

Not sure what issue you're seeing.... Don't see it myself.

Sinc
Message 14 of 35
Grimes_MG

I am experiencing your 'When isolating a polyline (and deselecting a feature line or other object) – autocad crashes."

Except my AutoCAD C3D 2013 crashes no matter what type of objects I select. The minute I deselect just one of the group items, the program crashes.

Win7 (x64), EVGA 790i, 8GB RAM, EVGA 8800GT, 250 GB iSSHDD, & RAID 0/1
Message 15 of 35
admin
in reply to: admin

wanted to report, i deleted a large complex hatched area and the "group of commands" instead of "intellizoom" problem went away. will attach affecte file tomorrow.

Message 16 of 35
troma

Since you replied to me, I'll reply back; but this is a little off topic.

I'm still running C3D 2008, and I still refuse to edit my CUI for it.  I have the drawing space set up on the primary monitor on the left, and toolbars orginized nicely on the secondary on the right.  If I open my CUI editor and click OK, all the toolbars move over.  They are still mostly on the right monitor, but they put about 3 pixles across onto the left one.  They all move horizontally to this position.  So toolbars that were beside each other end up on top of each other.

I only mentioned it because it seemed similar to a problem in the original post.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 17 of 35
witzel

1.  Custom UCS not honored on drawing open or switch to model space.

2.  Dynamic Slope Legend doesn't seem to update properly. (sporadic?)

3.  Seems to be an issue with "minimize flat areas" on contour surface.  We get some huge slopes on flat areas.

4.  Can't rename layout with right click "rename" while in the layout (AutoCAD?)

5.  Docked command line pop up stays in place and will not allow for selection.

6.  Printing from model space - can not zoom (AutoCAD?)

7.  Parcel Boundaries are not honoring plot styles.  Not a settings issue.  Correct in model and paper space preview only wrong when plotted.

8.  An AutoCAD issue I forgot, but I know is logged.

9.  Broken VBA dialog box that worked in 2012 64 bit.  Now I am forced to spend time re-writing in .NET something that worked fine.  Not a bug, but annoying and time consuming.

I am sure I am forgetting a few additional annoyances.  Pretty buggy version, but so far I don't want to go backward.

Thanks,

Conan Witzel

Civil 3d 64 bit

Message 18 of 35
rkmcswain

C3D2013

Every now and then, the Model/Layout tabs will not respond to any clicks. This is NOT the same bug where you can't rename a layout tab. Unfortuntely, it's not reproducible on demand.

Another issue that I have reported.... Using Process Monitor, watch activity on "acad.exe". Every 0.26 seconds (yea, about 4X a second) it looks in the registry for a key/value that does not exist. I don't know how much of a performance hit this is, but it isn't helping.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 19 of 35
Cadguru42
in reply to: rkmcswain

@rkmcswain wrote:

C3D2013

Every now and then, the Model/Layout tabs will not respond to any clicks. This is NOT the same bug where you can't rename a layout tab. Unfortuntely, it's not reproducible on demand.

I've noticed this same thing and thought I was just crazy. Glad it wasn't just me.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 20 of 35
rkmcswain
in reply to: Cadguru42

@engrtech wrote:

I've noticed this same thing and thought I was just crazy. Glad it wasn't just me.

Good! Now I know I'm not the only one either!

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report