Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D restores down between minimize-maximize

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Hidden_Brain
1202 Views, 6 Replies

Civil 3D restores down between minimize-maximize

very strange behavior, every time i minimize Civil 3D to the windows taskbar at the bottom of my secondary monitor, then maximize it again, the overall Civil 3D window will restore down (the effect that you get when you click on the icon on top right corner of every program that looks like two overlapping squares). has anyone else experienced this behavior? below are the details:

Civil 3D 2011

Win 7 enterprise 64 bit

8 GB RAM

NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M

hadware acceleration on or of does not make any difference

Civil 3D is open on primary monitor, the windows taskbar is at the bottom of secondary monitor whre Civil 3D minimizes to

having Civil 3D open on primary monitor, then minimize-maximize has the same effect

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
neilyj666
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

Yes  I get this too - run fullscreen on primary monitor, minimise to taskbar, click on taskbar and C3D opens in a much smaller window - very irritating

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 7
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: neilyj666

the plot thickens Smiley Wink

this only happens when i have multiple dwgs open in the same Civil 3D session. if i have only one drawing open, this does not occur.

Message 4 of 7
wfberry

I believe that it restores to the previous "non-maximized" size, so if you manually stretch your cad screen to "near" maximum as possible, it should return there.

Bill

Message 5 of 7
Hidden_Brain

yeah, that's what i have as of now, the window stretched to the max. extent to give an impression of a "pseudo" maximized window. i would still like to find the reason behind this behavior.

Message 6 of 7
neilyj666

Yeah - that works for me too. Most likley to be a C3D bug as this behaviour doesn't occur with any other software

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 7 of 7
ljacobs

We are experiencing the same issue on 2 machines in our office but with AutoCAD MEP 2011. Anyone find out why it does this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report