Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D point number not visible when Legacy Hidden Shade Plot is selected

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
lostdog
415 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3D point number not visible when Legacy Hidden Shade Plot is selected

I am having difficulty with the display of my point numbers and description when plotting. I am doing piping desing and utilizing Civil 3D points for the coardinates and elevations to display in a point table. For my viewport, in the properties dialogue box, under the Shade Plot option, I have selected Legacy Hidden due to needing my pipes to display properly only to have my points not display properly. If I opt for Legacy Wireframe or As Displayed, my points display correctly but my pipes do not. Any clue as to how I can have both display properly?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: lostdog

I think you should consider changing your pipe style.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
lostdog
in reply to: tcorey

The pipe design was initially done using Bentley AutoPlant Design. I had to run an object enabler to view the pipes properly. Unfortunately, changing the pipe style isnt an option.

Message 4 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: lostdog

Oh, I see. In that case, I am not sure how to advise you. 

One possibility would be to use ExporttoAutoCAD command to make basic AutoCAD entities from your Civil 3D objects. Those might display differently.?? It's something to try.

Another possibility would be to plot the pipes to pdf using the shademode you need and then attach the pdf as an underlay to the points. You could then change to 2d wireframe for the points and the pdf would not change. It's longhand, but should work.

Be sure to report back with whatever you decide. It's bound to help someone.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 5
lostdog
in reply to: tcorey

Hmm, thinking outside the pipe! I like it! Thanks for the print to pdf suggestion. Been battling with these display problems and that sounds like a work-around while keeping the integrity of the piping design and Civil3D. I will let you know how that works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report