Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D labels and AutoCAD text/mtext objects

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dnl999
721 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 3D labels and AutoCAD text/mtext objects

If I use both Civil 3D labels and AutoCAD text/mtext objects I run into issues when I create viewports in the paperspace.

Because the AutoCAD labels are reduced by the viewport scale factor (not using Annotation scale) but Civil 3D labels always shows the same height regardless of the viewport scale the mixed labels are not consistently displayed.  How do we resolve this issue if we have to use both AutoCAD and Civil 3D labels in the drawing ? TIA.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MikeEvansUK
in reply to: dnl999

I find that the Annotative Civil3d text style in the templates (UKIE) seems to work correctly. I would check that the style you have is set correctly, is annotative and also the drawing units are correct.

Otherwise, you can use Note labels to add notes to the drawing instead of adding Mtext objects. Or do it the old way..

FontSize * Scale / units

2.5          * 100   /  1000 (meters)

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 3
john.mckenzie
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Civil 3d seems to take care of the text when it is created as a C3d object.

Annotative text styles need to be created and used with Mtext or Dtext for it to play nice in multiple scaled views.

Therefore you will have non annotative styles for use with C3d created text, and Annotative styles for use with Mtext or Dtext and then you will have the best of both worlds.

Or, you can use the C3d note and edit the text for each instance.

Comes down to user preference I guess.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report