Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D grading for solar PV site and golf course and maximum slope??

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
4203 Views, 21 Replies

Civil 3D grading for solar PV site and golf course and maximum slope??

Hello,

Anyone have ideas on how to use Civil 3D to create a grading plan for a solar PV site or a golf course?

Here is the situation.  We have a large 100 acre site that is not flat.  We want to do minimal grading to "smooth out the surface".  So that maximum slope on the site is 10%.  The site does not have to be graded completely flat.  We are trying to work with the existing contours and terrain as much as possible.

Is there some functiion or some way for Civil 3D to "smooth out a surface"?  We want to work with the existing slopes and contours of the site and just need a grading plan that will smooth out mounds, holes, or high slope areas.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: fcernst

"interesting" not necessarily correct. You made the mowers in SAC? Very cool.

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 22 of 22
LyleHardin
in reply to: Anonymous

Similar situation here. Designing 300 acre solar farm. The grading for each group of arrays (about 300' x 1000') can only tilt from 0 to 7% toward the south. I can set up zones in grading optimization, but how do I make sure the 7% slope goes to the south? I've tried drain lines and Drain direction without much success. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report