Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D for Mac

61 REPLIES 61
SOLVED
Message 1 of 62
scott
36964 Views, 61 Replies

Civil 3D for Mac

Will one be created?  Thoughts?

61 REPLIES 61
Message 61 of 62
jean.luc.mallet
in reply to: scott

I agree with you. I work as a civil engineer and the company I work, the wealthiest private construction company in the uk, offered me a windows laptop but I refused. I've never had any problems with my macs and I use autocad on it and love it. I would like to be able to do my cut and fill and make surfaces on civil 3d but I'll have to do it through virtual machines. I would buy it if it ever came out for sure.
Message 62 of 62

I was traumatized many years ago when I was designing a staircase for my Architectural project in college. Windows crashed and I lost my design. I was livid and I love my Mac, it's solid. I love Autocad for my Mac. I'm trying to use Civil 3D on my Mac now. Hopefully it's ok. 

Marty

@Aldanmark01wrote:
Not trying to argue or justfy anything here. At $200 an hour with 8 designers a network issue costs me so much that I want/need/prefer the reliability I get from my mac stuff. I'm sure there are other out there the same. Stand alone with a few crashes might be fine. I'm talking a commercial design business where given the option I'd take it tomorrow. Appreciate Peter said they are not looking at it. I'm just saying open your eyes, there has to be more people like me around. Minority, possibly but the numbers are and will grow, and I'd say rapidly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report