Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D drawing with Orthos images

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
SeattleC3D
378 Views, 6 Replies

Civil 3D drawing with Orthos images

Hello All,

Is there a way to import geographic data orthos images into C3D drawing? and save as a raster image in drawing?

I have used GEOMAP, but the arial image could not plot and could not export to raster image either. Do you know any other ways?

Thanks much,

Dennis

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: SeattleC3D

What extensions are the ortho images?

Do you have Raster Design?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
SeattleC3D
in reply to: jmayo-EE

No. I don't have raster design.

the extension is .SID

Message 4 of 7
jmayo-EE

Lizardtech.com has a utility to extract the tif image from their sid files. Not sure if it will extract the world file to locate it in the coordinate system.

If I needed it quick, i'd open the image, print screen and save that as a png from Paint. Pop it into m cad session ove the geo tif for easy scaling/rotating.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
SeattleC3D
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Sorry, but this method is not practical. I'd like to georefencing the arial imagery to C3D (in real world coordinates).

Is there any other way?

Thanks,

Message 6 of 7
jmayo-EE

Getting the image in is easily accomplised with mapiinsert. The issue you have is you need to write a new file. Raster Design will do this. I have not googled it to see if other solutions are avaiable. Don't think Map commands will create a new file from a sid or other raster.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
antoniovinci

SeattleC3D wrote:
Do you know any other ways?

Not directly, sir: you should first convert the .SID to Geotiff (thru one of the free third-party Gis tools) then _MAPIINSERT the resulting file.
If you have troubles upon conversion, please upload that .SID here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report