Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D deletes feature lines in grading

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Vasily_BC
1047 Views, 5 Replies

Civil 3D deletes feature lines in grading

Hi,

Never had it before but my Civil 3D started to delete feature lines from grading.

I noitesed it when I had problems with exporting file to AutoCAD.

After few tries I saved my drawing and opened it again.

In model I still have correct surface made of feature lines from grading but without actual feature lines!

I wouldn't post if it was only once, but it happened two times already within a week.

ps. recover, audit have been applied

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
owenmull
in reply to: Vasily_BC

@Vasily_BC wrote:

Hi,

Never had it before but my Civil 3D started to delete feature lines from grading.

I noitesed it when I had problems with exporting file to AutoCAD.

After few tries I saved my drawing and opened it again.

In model I still have correct surface made of feature lines from grading but without actual feature lines!

I wouldn't post if it was only once, but it happened two times already within a week.

ps. recover, audit have been applied

Thanks

If I understand correctly, this is because of one of two things.

Option A - You are exporting your drawing to regular AutoCAD from Civil 3D, and then wondering why feature lines are no longer in drawing within regular AutoCAD?

AutoCAD cannot read feature lines as it is a C3D object, and when the dwg is exported to autocad, it can only read the surface itself, not the C3D objects that defined it.

OR

Option B - If you are simply saving and re-opening in C3D, when you 'Export to AutoCAD' and then re-open said file in C3D, like described above, all your C3D objects are gone, as it was removed when you saved it to a plain AutoCAD version. 

Check your save settings, and save one version to AutoCAD and the other version as the current C3D format, and work in that drawing.

-Owen
Windows 7 x 64 bit

Civil 3D 2017

The error as explained, if I understand it correctly is that at some point, the FeatureLines that were used to create the surface have disappeared from the drawing, but the surface that was created from these lines still remains in the drawing.

If this is the case, we have seen this pop up a few times in the recent past. We have created a "bug" with our development team, but for them to be able to dig into this issue, they need a good copy of the drawing before the FL's disappear.

Do you have an archived version [.bak or even autosave] of this drawing that still has the FL's that you could upload to us?

Willy Campbell
Message 4 of 6
Vasily_BC
in reply to: owenmull

It's not A nor B. My point was that I had Civil 3D file with graded surface made of feature lines. After few attemps to export it as AutoCAD and reopening exact the same Civil 3D file, I found that there is no feature lines but surface made of that feature lines.
Unfortunately, I'm out of my office and can't upload file in a day or two.

Cheers
Message 5 of 6
Vasily_BC
in reply to: Willy_Campbell

Hi Willy,

I'll upload file in a day or two when I'll be in my office.
Where exactly do you want me to upload it?
Message 6 of 6
dtdandy

Has this issue been resolved? I have the exact same issue. I watch my screen as the audit commads deletes all my feature lines, and then when completed, says nothing has been erased! These feature lines make up my finished surface, which in turn, all my profiles utilize and all my labels are connected to the finished surface!

andy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report