Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D crashes when saving a drawing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bcblackberg
2420 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3D crashes when saving a drawing

When I save the drawing it crashes, only happens in 1 drawing. Recovers fine, but has 1795 errors, but can't save it will still crash, but saves the changes just have to recover again. Have tried Auditing, Purging, -Purge, Proxygrafics set to 0 per something I read when I searched this problem, short of wblocking everything out and putting it into a new drawing, any other suggestions? Noticed also I have to type in filedia and set it back to 1 everytime as well. 

This company brings things in from everybody, so I'm sure it flooded with all sorts of diffrent apps info. Even though I keep telling them only take what you need they dump the architects, mechanical, landscape, everybodies drawings into 1 design file, not using xrefs, for even the survey is blocked in. Only other thing in this drawing a 1 png file and a pdf. This drawing also contains over 20 layout tabs alot but don't think it causing this problem. If your wondering dwg size its only 4mb.

Brandon

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
d_reno
in reply to: bcblackberg

you mentioned -PURGE - did you purge registered applications (REGAPPS)? with the third party stuff going on this may be it. I have had issues with polyines/2dpolylines/3dpolylines in the past - how autocad interprets these objects that were created by third party software. hatches are another culprit. if it were me, though, I'd probably copy/paste into a new dwg and take it from there. does the error follow? 

David Renaud, RLS
C3D 2012 on 64bit Win 7 all up to date
Dell Precision 7core 8GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800M
LDT/C3D user since release 12
Message 3 of 5
bcblackberg
in reply to: d_reno

Yeah made sure to exclusivly do -purge, regapps. Will look into the hatches, and linework see if it might be the issue, otherwise copy and paste see if it follows the drawing and see if it follows.

Thanks

Brandon

Message 4 of 5
bcblackberg

The problem ended up following the drawing, but used AECTOACAD command to drawing.

Brandon

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 5
bmsovick

Did AECOACAD work?

I'm having the same crashing problem when I try to save. Tried auditing and purging to no avail. The file has to be corrupted somewhere.

Running Civil3D 2013 (AND LOSING MY FREEKIN MIND WITH THIS CRAP!!!!!!)    

Robot Mad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report