Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D crashes when importing surface points

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
emandeno
976 Views, 0 Replies

Civil 3D crashes when importing surface points

Hello,

I briefly searched about importing .LAS files, but didn't see any threads that spoke to importing the data crashing their system. However, I then just realized, I'm not importing the .LAS files from .XYZ files converted from the .LAS files.

Anyway, here's the deal:

I just upgraded to Civil 3D from LT. Huge jump, I know. I'll be taking a training course later this month, but in the meantime, I thought it would be cool to import all our LiDAR data for one of our projects. The point clouds are pretty dense, but not that dense. I have 31 files representing 31 tiles that range from 630MB to 1MB (funky shaped boundary).

I tried importing the data using the guidelines outlined in the little tutorial that comes up when you first start Civil 3D (called Create a Surface). It shows how to define a surface (which I do), and then how to populate the surface with points from a point file (which I also do after converting the .LAS file to .XYZ).

All works well on one tile small tile, but when I try to do more, it crashes.

I'm running Civil 3D on a Dell Precision T5500 with an Intel Xeon CPU running at 2.4 GHZ with 12GB of RAM with Windows 7 (64-bit).

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance to any clues.

Tags (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report