Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Slope Arrow Change when X-ref'd

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
silvernich
1601 Views, 5 Replies

Civil 3D Slope Arrow Change when X-ref'd

Hello all,

Has anyone ran into an issue that when the xref a drawing with Surface Slope Arrows, that the style changes in the child drawing compared to the parent?

I have attached a picture illustrating what I mean.

I am hoping to use the standard I am used to of the arrow pointing down the hill (towards the -10ft) rather than what the child file is showing of uphill (away from the -10ft).

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Civil 3D 2015
Windows 7, 64-bit, SP2
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ssomers
in reply to: silvernich

A similar thing has happened to me with spot elevations in dragged state. When Xref'd to another drawing, the leaders from the dragged state inherit the properties of the current leader arrow style set in the Dimention Style Manager. To fix this, I have to change the leader arrow style of the current style (not any overrides, but the original current style) to the type of arrow I want to display in the child drawing. That may fix the arrow that is displayed in your case.

However, in order to fix the direction it's pointing, I believe you're going to have to modify the slope label style in the parent drawing to get the arrow to point uphill. That way the "datum triangle" arrow will show up on the uphill side of the slope label and will be pointing the way it should.

Hope that helps.

- Shawn
-------------------------------------
Running Civil 3D on Windows 10 Pro
Custom PC with: Intel i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz (8 core); NVIDIA Quadro P1000; 64GB RAM
Message 3 of 6
silvernich
in reply to: ssomers

What is strange is if I choose:

"Closed Filled" as Arrow Head Style, it x-refs just fine. If choose "Datum Triangle Filled", the one I want, it seems to x-ref differently in the child drawing.

ssomers I will keep playing with your suggestions, but they are not readily apparent to me.

Thank you for any help,

Silvernich

Civil 3D 2015
Windows 7, 64-bit, SP2
Message 4 of 6
ssomers

Try, in the child drawing that is not dispaying properly, going into the dimstyle manager. Selct the current dimstyle (not the override) and change the leader arrowhead to "datum triangle." Then do a 'regenall' and see if they show up correctly. See the attached PDF.

- Shawn
Custom PC with: Intel i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz (8 core); NVIDIA Quadro P1000; 64GB RAM
Message 5 of 6
silvernich
in reply to: ssomers

Shawn,

Thanks for the thought, but I dont it doesn't work because I'm not dealing with a dimension, but a surface slope label, specifically a direction arrow.

Civil 3D 2015
Windows 7, 64-bit, SP2
Message 6 of 6
ssomers

Hmmm...

Maybe it will work if you try changing all the arrowhead styles to "datum triangle." It's worth a try anyway. 

It seems like this type of parent-child arrowhead disfunctionality is a bug in the program, as it does the same thing to me for spot elevation labels in dragged state mode.

- Shawn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report