Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Service Pack 2.1 HEADS UP!!!!

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
rrl642
2645 Views, 17 Replies

Civil 3D Service Pack 2.1 HEADS UP!!!!

Had a fatal error and sent the report to Autodesk which I don't usually do because I've never heard a response.....anyways the report comes back that I need service pack 2.1.

So I download and install the service pack, well now certain profiles which include pipe networks are skewed as if the alignment has moved thousands of feet, the grid is stretched off to the side even though I did nothing to the profile stationing, or the alignment stationing, just went in to change a profile label.

I asked others in the office to open the same drawing I was working in and they do not see the profile doing this stretch.

I turned the computer settings back a few days to allow for un-install of the service pack, civil 3D didn't like that either and won't open so had to do a total un-install and re-install.

Now when I open the drawing the profile is fine..........

will send a back charge to Autodesk for beta testing the service pack

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
fa_michaelena
in reply to: rrl642

Hi - I had fatal issue with the service pack as well. All of my hydrographs for swm disappeared upon install. I have contacted Autodesk and they said they are working on it. Wasted a half of day or more of my time doing a install, trouble shoot then unistall and reinstall. It is ridculous. This was a few months ago and I have heard nothing since. 

Message 3 of 18
neilyj666
in reply to: fa_michaelena

Presume you mean Hotfix 2??

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/C3D-2013-Hotfix-2-released/td-p/3599766

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 18
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

I had issues with this as well after I installed the Hotfix and rebooted.  I had to repair the install, not reinstall, thank goodness.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 18
hgohel

It would be very helpful if everyone in this thread could confirm if they are writing about C3D 2012 and Update 2.1 and not about any other C3D release/update/hotfix?

To the OP: Would you be able to provide us a data set we can use to reproduce the profile/pipe networks problem you mentioned with C3D 2012 Update 2.1?

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 18
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Yes, sorry, C3D 2012 SP 2.1.  I had issues right after the install & reboot.  The app failed to launch.  A repair fixed it.

I also had an issue with C3D 2013 Hotfix 2 doing the same thing.  A repair fixed that as well.  

I have both installed on my workstaton, no other versions.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 7 of 18
sboon
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

I have an active case with Subscription Support because of a similar issue, except that mine is related to corridor feature lines that display differently after SP 2.1 is installed.

I posted in this thread about seeing the problem in 2013 first, but it has now appeared in 2012 after installation of SP2.1.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/2013-bug-corridor-feature-lines/td-p/3417687

The two screenshots show the same drawing as it appears upon opening - no redraw, regen, corridor rebuild or anthing else.  These are from the same computer.  The only difference is that the second view is after installing the SP.  Notice the feature lines that skip across from one corridor section to another one on the alignment.

Joel 01.png

Joel 02.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 8 of 18
katayatz

We have also had major errors since installing this Pack including fatal errors, locking up, changed colors of alignments, etc. It is very frustrating and repairing the Pack has not worked.  So here we sit with our hands up, hmm... reinstall Autocad or wait and see if they come out with a fix... either way we just lost a lot of time... Thanks for keeping us proficient! Cat Mad

Spoiler

Message 9 of 18
bruce.jordan

I'm getting ready to test SP2.1 and was wondering if everyone is still having the issues pointed out in this thread?

Anything been resolved?

-Bruce

Message 10 of 18
sboon
in reply to: bruce.jordan

Nope.  I finally uninstalled and reinstalled Civil3d without it yesterday.  Huge improvement in performance and my problem went away.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 11 of 18
channa26

Our office is also having problems with service pack 2.1. I have it installed on my computer and it does fix the problem with pipe styles changing when synchronized but now I can not control ltscale of featureline styles or parcel styles. Also if I check for the version installed on my computer it shows as sp2.1 but on other computers that have since installed the same service pack shows as sp2. Not sure how this is even possible? We have even downloaded the service pack file a second time and it still shows as sp2 installed. The bigger problem is it behaves like version sp2, pipe styles reset on synchronization.

We need to be able to trust that these service packs are going to fix problems not cause a whole new list of problems. I don"t think that is too much to ask for a very expensive piece of software. Now we have lost productivity yet again and are left scrambling to find another solution.  

Message 12 of 18
neilyj666
in reply to: channa26

...and the fact that they can't be uninstalled is even more annoying when things go wrong

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 13 of 18
SethHall
in reply to: katayatz

@katayatz wrote:

We have also had major errors since installing this Pack including fatal errors, locking up, changed colors of alignments, etc. It is very frustrating and repairing the Pack has not worked.  So here we sit with our hands up, hmm... reinstall Autocad or wait and see if they come out with a fix... either way we just lost a lot of time... Thanks for keeping us proficient! Cat Mad

Spoiler

Can you please post detailed steps to reproduce this issue, specifically the "changed colors of alignments"?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 14 of 18
SethHall

@channa26 wrote:

now I can not control ltscale of featureline styles or parcel styles.

Can you please post detailed steps to reproduce this issue?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 15 of 18
channa26

I have a drawing with the baseplan and servicing information attached as xreferences. I then created the parcels for the storm drainage areas. With the drawing ltscale set to 1 or something reasonable for the xref linetypes to display correctly the linetype in my parcel style is too small to display nicely. So if I go into the parcel style I normally can adjust the ltscale of the parcel segment there. It does not matter if I set it to 0.1, 1, 10 or even 100 the linetype scale  of the parcel segment (dashed linetype style) does not change. Same thing happens if I try to change the linetype scale of a feature line style.

Others in our office with the same service pack installed now have the previous problem of data referenced pipe/ structure styles reverting back to the partlist default style. So if they shortcut a pipe network into a drawing and change the styles to represent a future or existing style when they open the drawing the next time or sync the shortcut the styles all go back to the partlist default style. Not very handy when we have one network for an overall subdivision that we need to show in various stages/phases of construction.

C.Hanna

Civil 3D 2012 sp2.1

Message 16 of 18
sboon

Do you have any users who don't have the SP installed yet, or perhaps you could reinstall C3d on one machine without the SP?  The reason I'm asking is that I would love to see what happens to your drawings when they are opened on a system without the SP.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 17 of 18
channa26
in reply to: sboon

Yes I have tried the same drawing on a system that has only service pack 1 installed and the ltscale issue is not a problem. We had installed service pack 2.1 to help with a handful of issues as listed in the service pack readme file but now have new problems instead. Also my computer does not have the problem with the pipe network parts updating upon synchronization. It is other systems in the office that have to same service pack installed but it shows as service pack 2 in version info while mine shows service pack 2.1. Mine was installed first, tested for a couple days then launched to others thinking all was fine.

Right now we are looking at moving on to 2013 rather than beating the 2012 buggy horse! Just means more work for deploying a new version office wide (30+ users) and then working out the latest bugs I am sure we have inherited from Autodesk yet again. Not what you want to be dealing with when project managers are anxiously awaiting final drawings for tight deadlines. Can we trust the service pack and hot fixes on the website for 2013 are reliable? I have already found topics of the hot fixes being pulled down from the site and re-posted.  

Message 18 of 18
sboon

Right now we are looking at moving on to 2013 rather than beating the 2012 buggy horse! Just means more work for deploying a new version office wide (30+ users) and then working out the latest bugs I am sure we have inherited from Autodesk yet again. Not what you want to be dealing with when project managers are anxiously awaiting final drawings for tight deadlines. Can we trust the service pack and hot fixes on the website for 2013 are reliable? I have already found topics of the hot fixes being pulled down from the site and re-posted.  

Use caution.  The bugs that I found after installing the SP were already present in 2013 when I was testing earlier this year.  See my previous posts on this topic.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report