Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Reference Point

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
KeyBored
272 Views, 3 Replies

Civil 3D Reference Point

In Land Development Desktop you could setup a reference point instead of using 0,0   the reference point could be 10000, 10000 and all of the entities in the drawing would reflect the revised reference in the coordinates for each entity. 

Problem: I have a set of construction plans that were done before the plat was finished. The plat has since been moved and rotated. I need to move and rotate all of the proposed construction to the revised plat location. The problem is that if I move the base drawing with the proposed construction and rotate it the construction plans will have to be revised completely. 

If I can change the reference point and rotation angle I could insert the revised plat and rotate it to the proposed construction but the coordinates would reflect the proper coordinates based on the revised plat.

Is this still possible?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: KeyBored

No BPNR in civil3d.

Maybe a survey guru has a way?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 4
ccoles

Yeah, the problem here is that Civil 3D is based on following a world coordinate system. We used to use the user coordinate system from vanilla AutoCAD way back in the day. Civil 3D and it's modules don't like UCS at all and we had to abandon it's use. Civil 3D will want to force you to move your design to the proper coordinates and re-adjust all of your drawings. I just had two projects that both required a similar shift from the finished design. Because they had to remain in our state plane coordinate system to be compatible with other design efforts in other deptartments, moving them in plan and adjusting the plan sheet sets was the only viable option.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 4 of 4
wfberry

Since I work alone I would probably do the following.  I suppose your reference to "the Plat", you are referring to a Record Plat of the development.

I would use a version of the Record Plat as the drawing that I am working in and xref the construction plans into this.  Move and rotate the xref to align with the Record Plat.  Now your coordinates should match.

I will now go directly to my man cave and hunker down.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report