Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Point Labels Rotate when Exploded

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ChadBalser
2688 Views, 6 Replies

Civil 3D Point Labels Rotate when Exploded

We recently upgraded from C3D 2011 to C3D 2014.

We regularly work with Sub Consultants and Clients that use Vanilla AutoCAD (sometimes 2007), so we regularly Save a copy of our drawings as AutoCAD files with no C3D objects to provide to them.  To do this we use a combination of exploding objects and EXPORTTOACAD command.  This is typically automated via a LISP routine we wrote that makes it a simple process.  

Since we updated to 2014, I have been happy to see that most of the steps we had to do prior to EXPORTTOACAD have been fixed or included in the newer AECEXPORTTOACAD command.  However the one key issue we are now seeing is that SOME of our Point Labels tend to rotate when we use EXPLODE, EXPORTTOACAD, or AECEXPORTTOACAD.

When I say SOME, these are points all placed at the same time, same layer, same styles, same everything except rotation.  They are all rotated at different angles, but only SOME of the point labels shift when exploded.  I attached two images to display this behavior.

Audit, Purge, everything else typically done.  I am still trying to see if this is a global problem in more drawings, if something was done to these specific points, or if it is a bug.  In the properties dialog, all settings are the same except Marker, and Label rotation of course and XYZ info of course.

Has anyone else seen this issue, or know of a solution?

Our goal is to provide ACAD objects that look exactly like our C3D objects, so we can share our work with Subs and Clients without worrying about the quality or look of drawings.  So other Exporting methods don't help much.

Thanks for any comments,

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
hakangus
in reply to: ChadBalser

I just discovered the same problem when I proudly showed how things are done! Some Civil points label are rotated. We are using Civil R2013 but nothin has changed. It worked last week (or so).

Message 3 of 7
TorgEng
in reply to: hakangus

I hope this will help someone:

I was trying to export to AutoCAD, and found that all my COGO point labels would disappear. By a fluke, I discovered that if you explode the COGO points, then UNDO the explode, the labels seem to look exactly the same in the exported file. No idea why it worked, but it did.

Message 4 of 7
sergey_f13

I'm having the similar issue but in some files when I try to export to AutoCAD all of my points just simply disappear. Yes, I could manually explode them and then export but that defeats the purpose of using AutoCAD command...

Any one has a solution for this or similar problems?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: sergey_f13

In point label styles, set plan readable "false"

This option solved my problem.

Message 6 of 7
scottrea

Another suggestion, which worked for me:

In your point label General Options, set Orientation Reference to "World Coordinate System".

Message 7 of 7
blair
in reply to: scottrea

This solution worked for me. The true to false on plan readable did not.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report