Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Parcel Labels

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Robplatt
292 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3D Parcel Labels

Good morning.

I'm trying to find a way of making sure my parcel labels - and their leaders if necessary - always stay on top of the parcel lines and fills.

I find that they sometimes get buried by the lines and fills, so that they are not visible. This problem seems to apply especially to parcel label leaders.

I've tried putting them on a separate layer but because they are tied to the parcel they can't be selected by layer for manual arrangement.

Is there a way to change the label settings to that they always stay on top?

Much appreciated.

Robert

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Pointdump
in reply to: Robplatt

Robert,

You've probably already tried this, but I like to start with the easiest first:

BringToFront.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 5
Robplatt
in reply to: Pointdump

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response.

I can select one label at a time and bring it to the front - for some reason selecting all the labels doesn't work.

Interesting side effect of this approach is that the parcel segments for that particular plot immediately go to the back!

I can bring them back by do a parcel segment select and moving them forward and then doing a regen.

I've tried putting the labels on their own layer, but the selection tool comes up empty when I select that layer.

Strangely though, I can switch the labels on an off by switching the layer on and off.

Regards,

Robert

Message 4 of 5
Pointdump
in reply to: Robplatt

Robert,

If you use several different Styles, then you might check your Parcel Style Display Order:

DisplayOrder.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 5
Robplatt
in reply to: Pointdump

Hi Dave,

Don't want to hog your time.
I use multiple parcel styles, each reflecting a specific land use type, so I can create land use plans (I sometimes have up to 20 styles on a plan).
So unfortunately this approach won't work.
Thanks again.
Robert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report