Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Options Dialog - Missing Buttons?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CharlesRheault6717
406 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3D Options Dialog - Missing Buttons?

According to this blog:

http://autocadinsider.autodesk.com/my_weblog/2010/07/scale-lists-in-autocad-2011.html

And posts elsewere, there are two more buttons on the bottom of the options dialog box, under the user preferences tab, that I am missing. One is Initial setup and the other is default scale list.

Does anyone know why these might be missing?

AKA CaddCop
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: CharlesRheault6717

The Initial Setup is not available in vertical products such as Civil 3D, only AutoCad.

As for the Default Scale List not appearing in Options>User Preferences Tab> it shows here in both 2012 & 2014 C3D.

What version are you using?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
CharlesRheault6717
in reply to: Jay_B

2011, which according to the blog post, has both buttons - see the image in the post for reference.

My reason for asking is that I encountered issues recently where the metric scales were defaulting to ratios that are correct when the units are mm. Civil 3D expects Meters and provides ratios that are correct for meters. But if you get the "excessive scales" message and allow it to reset the scales, the scales it uses are the mm scale ratios, not the Meter scale ratios.

I have been searching for a manner to reset the default metric scale ratios to match Civil 3D and thought this wood do it.

I also tried the buttons and check boxes in the AECDWG... command/dialog box and while in some instances, it seemed to reset scales using the Civil 3D Meter ratios, it would not let me add one or two additional scale ratios to the default metric scales.

AKA CaddCop
Message 4 of 5
troma
in reply to: CharlesRheault6717

Running 2011 here, and I concur that the button is not there.

Is this the same as running ScaleListEdit command?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 5
CharlesRheault6717
in reply to: troma

I do not think so if you are running Civil 3D.

Somewhere, there are two groups of scale ratios for Metric - one for meters and one for mm. And I am not suere what causes one to be used over the other.

AKA CaddCop

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report