Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Installation - Tool Palette problem

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
340 Views, 6 Replies

Civil 3D Installation - Tool Palette problem

Hi All, I installed Civil 3D 2005 on my Machine (Win XP Pro) and everything looks O.K. The program runs very nicely and all Tool Palettes are full. But, when I switched to another user on the same machine, the Tool Palettes open completely empty! All of the TP are there but don't have any tools in them. Is this As-intended? Did I have to do something differently? P.S. I checked with 2 users on my machine, same results. Both users have administrator priviliges. Arad
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, In their wisdom, to become more "Windows Compliant", Autodesk changed the installation of AutoCAD to hide many of the settings files in the "MyDocuments" area of the User who is logged on at the time of installation. You can search and find these files, move them to a more central location and change the AutoCAD search paths to the new location. This then allows any logged on user to run the sofware the way which most of us expect. -- Regards, Laurie Comerford www.cadapps.com.au "Arad Gazit" wrote in message news:417c9ddf$1_2@newsprd01... > Hi All, > > I installed Civil 3D 2005 on my Machine (Win XP Pro) and everything looks > O.K. The program runs very nicely and all Tool Palettes are full. > > But, when I switched to another user on the same machine, the Tool > Palettes open completely empty! All of the TP are there but don't have any > tools in them. > > Is this As-intended? Did I have to do something differently? > > P.S. I checked with 2 users on my machine, same results. Both users have > administrator priviliges. > > Arad >
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks for the answer, Laurie I found the missing files and copied them to their location in the other user's path. Now I can see all the thumbs of the tools, but I get the following error message: What's going on? Autodesk? Anyone? Arad "Laurie Comerford" wrote in message news:417ca21e_3@newsprd01... > Hi, > > In their wisdom, to become more "Windows Compliant", Autodesk changed the > installation of AutoCAD to hide many of the settings files in the > "MyDocuments" area of the User who is logged on at the time of > installation. > > You can search and find these files, move them to a more central location > and change the AutoCAD search paths to the new location. > > This then allows any logged on user to run the sofware the way which most > of > us expect. > > -- > > Regards, > > > Laurie Comerford > www.cadapps.com.au > > > "Arad Gazit" wrote in message > news:417c9ddf$1_2@newsprd01... >> Hi All, >> >> I installed Civil 3D 2005 on my Machine (Win XP Pro) and everything looks >> O.K. The program runs very nicely and all Tool Palettes are full. >> >> But, when I switched to another user on the same machine, the Tool >> Palettes open completely empty! All of the TP are there but don't have >> any >> tools in them. >> >> Is this As-intended? Did I have to do something differently? >> >> P.S. I checked with 2 users on my machine, same results. Both users have >> administrator priviliges. >> >> Arad >> > >
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Find the file "C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Civil 3D \R16.0\enu\Support\RegisteredTools\C3DStockTools.atc" and copy it to "C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Civil 3D\R16.0\enu\Support\RegisteredTools\C3DStockTools.atc" - tmi "Arad Gazit" wrote in message news:417cda1d_1@newsprd01... > Thanks for the answer, Laurie > > I found the missing files and copied them to their location in the other > user's path. > Now I can see all the thumbs of the tools, but I get the following error > message: > > What's going on? Autodesk? Anyone? > > Arad > > > > "Laurie Comerford" wrote in > message news:417ca21e_3@newsprd01... >> Hi, >> >> In their wisdom, to become more "Windows Compliant", Autodesk changed the >> installation of AutoCAD to hide many of the settings files in the >> "MyDocuments" area of the User who is logged on at the time of >> installation. >> >> You can search and find these files, move them to a more central location >> and change the AutoCAD search paths to the new location. >> >> This then allows any logged on user to run the sofware the way which most >> of >> us expect. >> >> -- >> >> Regards, >> >> >> Laurie Comerford >> www.cadapps.com.au >> >> >> "Arad Gazit" wrote in message >> news:417c9ddf$1_2@newsprd01... >>> Hi All, >>> >>> I installed Civil 3D 2005 on my Machine (Win XP Pro) and everything >>> looks >>> O.K. The program runs very nicely and all Tool Palettes are full. >>> >>> But, when I switched to another user on the same machine, the Tool >>> Palettes open completely empty! All of the TP are there but don't have >>> any >>> tools in them. >>> >>> Is this As-intended? Did I have to do something differently? >>> >>> P.S. I checked with 2 users on my machine, same results. Both users have >>> administrator priviliges. >>> >>> Arad >>> >> >> > > >
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Tmi thanks, That solved the problem. Autodesk: something is NOT O.K. in the installation. Arad "tmi" wrote in message news:417d0419$1_2@newsprd01... > Find the file > > "C:\Documents and Settings\\Application > Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Civil 3D > \R16.0\enu\Support\RegisteredTools\C3DStockTools.atc" > > and copy it to > > "C:\Documents and Settings\\Application > Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Civil > 3D\R16.0\enu\Support\RegisteredTools\C3DStockTools.atc" > > - tmi > > "Arad Gazit" wrote in message > news:417cda1d_1@newsprd01... >> Thanks for the answer, Laurie >> >> I found the missing files and copied them to their location in the other >> user's path. >> Now I can see all the thumbs of the tools, but I get the following error >> message: >> >> What's going on? Autodesk? Anyone? >> >> Arad >> >> >> >> "Laurie Comerford" wrote in >> message news:417ca21e_3@newsprd01... >>> Hi, >>> >>> In their wisdom, to become more "Windows Compliant", Autodesk changed >>> the >>> installation of AutoCAD to hide many of the settings files in the >>> "MyDocuments" area of the User who is logged on at the time of >>> installation. >>> >>> You can search and find these files, move them to a more central >>> location >>> and change the AutoCAD search paths to the new location. >>> >>> This then allows any logged on user to run the sofware the way which >>> most of >>> us expect. >>> >>> -- >>> >>> Regards, >>> >>> >>> Laurie Comerford >>> www.cadapps.com.au >>> >>> >>> "Arad Gazit" wrote in message >>> news:417c9ddf$1_2@newsprd01... >>>> Hi All, >>>> >>>> I installed Civil 3D 2005 on my Machine (Win XP Pro) and everything >>>> looks >>>> O.K. The program runs very nicely and all Tool Palettes are full. >>>> >>>> But, when I switched to another user on the same machine, the Tool >>>> Palettes open completely empty! All of the TP are there but don't have >>>> any >>>> tools in them. >>>> >>>> Is this As-intended? Did I have to do something differently? >>>> >>>> P.S. I checked with 2 users on my machine, same results. Both users >>>> have >>>> administrator priviliges. >>>> >>>> Arad >>>> >>> >>> >> >> >> > >
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Unless you want to stay in the Copy mode for each new user, may I suggest you Move this file to the All Users portion of Documents and Settings, and be done with it. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D/LDT 2004 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "tmi" wrote in message news:417d0419$1_2@newsprd01... > Find the file > > "C:\Documents and Settings\\Application > Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Civil 3D > \R16.0\enu\Support\RegisteredTools\C3DStockTools.atc" > > and copy it to > > "C:\Documents and Settings\\Application > Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Civil > 3D\R16.0\enu\Support\RegisteredTools\C3DStockTools.atc" > > - tmi > > "Arad Gazit" wrote in message > news:417cda1d_1@newsprd01... >> Thanks for the answer, Laurie >> >> I found the missing files and copied them to their location in the other >> user's path. >> Now I can see all the thumbs of the tools, but I get the following error >> message: >> >> What's going on? Autodesk? Anyone? >> >> Arad >> >> >> >> "Laurie Comerford" wrote in >> message news:417ca21e_3@newsprd01... >>> Hi, >>> >>> In their wisdom, to become more "Windows Compliant", Autodesk changed >>> the >>> installation of AutoCAD to hide many of the settings files in the >>> "MyDocuments" area of the User who is logged on at the time of >>> installation. >>> >>> You can search and find these files, move them to a more central >>> location >>> and change the AutoCAD search paths to the new location. >>> >>> This then allows any logged on user to run the sofware the way which >>> most of >>> us expect. >>> >>> -- >>> >>> Regards, >>> >>> >>> Laurie Comerford >>> www.cadapps.com.au >>> >>> >>> "Arad Gazit" wrote in message >>> news:417c9ddf$1_2@newsprd01... >>>> Hi All, >>>> >>>> I installed Civil 3D 2005 on my Machine (Win XP Pro) and everything >>>> looks >>>> O.K. The program runs very nicely and all Tool Palettes are full. >>>> >>>> But, when I switched to another user on the same machine, the Tool >>>> Palettes open completely empty! All of the TP are there but don't have >>>> any >>>> tools in them. >>>> >>>> Is this As-intended? Did I have to do something differently? >>>> >>>> P.S. I checked with 2 users on my machine, same results. Both users >>>> have >>>> administrator priviliges. >>>> >>>> Arad >>>> >>> >>> >> >> >> > >
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Rather than make multiple copies, which can result in a confusing mess sometimes, why don't you simply store the tool palettes on a network share? Then you simply need to modify the "Tool Palettes File Locations" setting from the options dialog and push the profile out to all your users. Works extremely well for our shop. Kelly W. Boyd CAD/CAE Support Engineer Pierce County Public Works (remove ns from e-mail address to reply) >>> Don Reichle 10/25/04 10:54PM >>> Unless you want to stay in the Copy mode for each new user, may I suggest you Move this file to the All Users portion of Documents and Settings, and be done with it. -- Don Reichle Hacker Engineering, Inc. "King of Work-Arounds" LDT & CD 2004 C3D/LDT 2004 On HP Pavilion a367c 2.80 Ghz/512MB RAM XP PRO - SP2 "tmi" wrote in message news:417d0419$1_2@newsprd01... > Find the file > > "C:\Documents and Settings\\Application > Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Civil 3D > \R16.0\enu\Support\RegisteredTools\C3DStockTools.atc" > > and copy it to > > "C:\Documents and Settings\\Application > Data\Autodesk\Autodesk Civil > 3D\R16.0\enu\Support\RegisteredTools\C3DStockTools.atc" > > - tmi > > "Arad Gazit" wrote in message > news:417cda1d_1@newsprd01... >> Thanks for the answer, Laurie >> >> I found the missing files and copied them to their location in the other >> user's path. >> Now I can see all the thumbs of the tools, but I get the following error >> message: >> >> What's going on? Autodesk? Anyone? >> >> Arad >> >> >> >> "Laurie Comerford" wrote in >> message news:417ca21e_3@newsprd01... >>> Hi, >>> >>> In their wisdom, to become more "Windows Compliant", Autodesk changed >>> the >>> installation of AutoCAD to hide many of the settings files in the >>> "MyDocuments" area of the User who is logged on at the time of >>> installation. >>> >>> You can search and find these files, move them to a more central >>> location >>> and change the AutoCAD search paths to the new location. >>> >>> This then allows any logged on user to run the sofware the way which >>> most of >>> us expect. >>> >>> -- >>> >>> Regards, >>> >>> >>> Laurie Comerford >>> www.cadapps.com.au >>> >>> >>> "Arad Gazit" wrote in message >>> news:417c9ddf$1_2@newsprd01... >>>> Hi All, >>>> >>>> I installed Civil 3D 2005 on my Machine (Win XP Pro) and everything >>>> looks >>>> O.K. The program runs very nicely and all Tool Palettes are full. >>>> >>>> But, when I switched to another user on the same machine, the Tool >>>> Palettes open completely empty! All of the TP are there but don't have >>>> any >>>> tools in them. >>>> >>>> Is this As-intended? Did I have to do something differently? >>>> >>>> P.S. I checked with 2 users on my machine, same results. Both users >>>> have >>>> administrator priviliges. >>>> >>>> Arad >>>> >>> >>> >> >> >> > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report