Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Gate symbol along alignment

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1053 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 3D Gate symbol along alignment

I am using a Civil 3D corridor to represent a site perimeter fence in 3D, the model will also be used for 2D plans. I use the corridor alignment for the 2d plan representation, fence linestyle etc. I have created a dynamic block representing the the standard gate (bowtie) symbol, is there a way to associate this block with the alignment so it appears at nominated chainages?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Citadel2012
in reply to: Anonymous

You could create a "dummy" design profile that had grade breaks at the specific locations along the alignment that you have gates, then use a grade break alignment label style linked to that profile with the dynamic block as the marker. However, changing the locations of these gates would not be dynamic and would require you to change the "dummy" profile grade breaks. 

in reply to: Anonymous

create an alignment label style: edit a major or minor style to insert your block at a given interval. this method will be good for set locations

I would suggest a line/curve lable style then you have the freedom to slide it along where ever it is needed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report