Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Error in PGP String/Alias Errors

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jgutierrez
817 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 3D Error in PGP String/Alias Errors

I have been working in Civil 3D 2013 for about two weeks and everything was going smooth until I got a fatal error message while trying to rotate a basic rectangle. When I reloaded AutoCAD Civil 3D my command line displayed the following error message:  "AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.; error: bad argument type: input-streamp: nil”. My drawing loaded normally but when I tried to draw a line using L+Enter I got a note saying “Command: L Unknown command "L".  Press F1 for help.” Now none of my aliases work and when I go to Express -> Tools -> Command Alias Editor from the menu bar, I get the windows that are on the attatched screen shot. The PGP files wont work and importing aliases gives me the top right box on the attatched image. I have tried adding a Support File Search Path from the options menu and that too has failed. Any suggestions as to what I can do?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: jgutierrez

Do a repair installation and I'm sure you'll be up and running in a few minutes.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
jgutierrez
in reply to: jgutierrez

That did work but do you have any clues as to what caused this error to prevent future occurrences?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report