Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Creating corridors with multiple materials in different subassemblies

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
2078 Views, 10 Replies

Civil 3D Creating corridors with multiple materials in different subassemblies

I am trying to set up a corridor with multiple materials with multiple pavement sections.  For example, I have concrete and asphalt surface pavement, about 4 different kinds of base material and 2 different subbase materials to use.  It doesn't seem like you can get quantities divided up like that.  It seems like you can only get the 'base' material counted up with the quantities and you can only assign one material to it.  Is the answer to create multiple corridors for each pavement type that has their own Code Set to assign to each corridor?  This seems like the only way it will work.

Mike

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
fcernst
in reply to: Anonymous

Are nine layers of Material enough?

There's a subassembly in the Lanes category that accomodates nine layers.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 3 of 11
sboon
in reply to: fcernst

The GenericPavementStructure and ShapeTrapezoidal subs can be attached to each other to build a "stack" of shapes with user controllable point, link, and shape codes.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 4 of 11
fcernst

Why go to this trouble when there is a subassembly that will accommodate up to nine layers of Materials?

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 5 of 11
sboon
in reply to: fcernst

It's an alternate solution.  The OP is free to examine the help files for both subassemblies and choose whichever suits their needs.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 11
Neilw_05

I'm thinking the OP is trying to compute materials for different regions along the corridor. For example a length of the road may have an asphalt wearing course with unique materials for that type of surface in the pavement structure, then another length of the road will be concrete with a different set of materials in the structure, and so on. In the end we need quantities for each type of material used.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Sorry I wasn't clear.  Some pavement sections have 3 layers or 4 layers, but I have a bunch of different materials that have been chosen to go in different places.  So one subassembly might have econocrete as a base material and another might have crushed rock or whatever.  So my question is how do you assign different materials to the same code for two different subassemblies in the same assembly or corridor.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: sboon

What does OP mean?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

OP means original poster or the person who started the post message.

Message 10 of 11
sboon

OP = "Original Post" or "Original Poster"

The only way to apply different Materials to a single shape code would be to use multiple Quantity Takeoff Criteria sets.  Each one would have to be applied to a separate sample line group, so you would have SLG-1 for the first station range then SLG-2 for the next, etc.

For what you're trying to do here I would suggest that you want an assembly that can handle all possible materials, and change the layer thicknesses to zero for the regions where you don't want to have a particular quantity.  The multi layer lane sub that Fred suggested has three Base layers so you could assign econocrete to Base1 and crushed rock to Base2.

Steve

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 11 of 11
srt_titya
in reply to: sboon

I couldn't understand the solution, could anyone explain me step by step?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report