Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D Crashes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1304 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3D Crashes

Everytime I try to open up a drawing in civil 3d it crashes and sends out an error report.  I just installed this onto my computer which already has autocad suite 2010.  Is there going to be any issues with that?  I can't seem to place the problem and it get's really hard to work when Civil 3D crashes everytime.  Thanks for the help guys.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
neilyj666
in reply to: Anonymous

If the Civil 3D objects are causing a problem, you could try the following

• start Civil as AutoCAD
  • set Variable DEMANDLOAD to Zero
  • close and restart Civil as AutoCAD
  • open the Drawing and Export with WBLOCK command

Close Civil as AutoCAD and reopen C3D and Insert the block - but please keep in mind, if you do a "copy and paste" with DEMANDLOAD = 0 from a Drawing to another Drawing, this will not work with Civil Objects, because you are copying a "Proxy" Element in a new Drawing, and if you open that Drawing again in Civil 3D, this is still a Proxy Object!

Also by using this method you may not get all the Civil Objects from the original drawing

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 5
Kyle-Evans
in reply to: neilyj666

This sounds like a "crashing as soon as the program loads" issue. I have had this issue numerous times. Autodesk has said something about the pop up command center or something.

Check these two posts out, one of them is mine originally.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2010/FATAL-ERROR-Unhandled-e0434f4dh-Exception-at-7c812a5bh/m-...

and

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Civil-3D-will-not-load-and-crashes-on-startup/m-p/272...

There are a couple of fixes, (both of which are not guaranteed to work) Try 1, see if it works, Try 2, see if it works, if all else fails Try 3

1 is directly from Autodesk about resetting some variables that control the command center or something, that annoying little popup that comes in the top right hand corner of your screen. 2 is to delete some autocad files and initiate a secondary installer to rebuild the folders and files it needs. (backup any custom toolbars, linetypes, profiles, ect)

1) Check your registry and ensure these variables are set correctly

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Autodesk\MC3]
"MC3Enabled"=dword:1

The next entry to verify is the following:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-8000:409\WebServices\CommunicationCenter]
@=""
"LastUpdateTimeLoWord"=dword:00000000
"LastUpdateTimeHiWord"=dword:00000000

2) To reset the user settings

To reset the AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2010 user settings for a particular user, follow these steps:

a. Log on to the computer as that user.

b. On the Start menu (Windows), click Run.     

c. In the Run dialog box, enter regedit.

d. In the Registry Editor, browse to the following key and delete it:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-8000:409 

e. Close the Registry Editor.

f. Using Windows Explorer, browse to and delete the following user's application folders:

For Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2010
C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2010

g. Start AutoCAD Civil 3D. This will initiate the secondary installer, re-creating the deleted files and folders.

3) Clean install of Civil 3D

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240697&id=13288030&siteID=123112

Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

another couple of quick items to try would be

1) purge out your temporary directory (use %temp% for the address in windows explorer and delete all files there)

2) delete the "default" profile from the icon on your desktop (everything in the "target" past the /p switch).

Message 5 of 5
hgohel

Does this crash occur with any/every drawing?  Create a new drawing, draw a line, save and reopen.  Does that also crash?

If you sent in crash reports (CERs), can you send me your email address which I can use to find your reports for further information?  himanshu.gohel@autodesk.com

If you haven't yet installed Update 1 for Civil 3D 2011, please do that as well.

Thanks.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report