Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2015 Transparent Commands not Working Properly

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
walterlewinski
2179 Views, 6 Replies

Civil 3D 2015 Transparent Commands not Working Properly

I just installed C3D 2015 the other day, using transparent commands to enter property lines by Bearing and distance.

Line command, click on Transparent BD, enter bearing, enter distance, after hitting enter C3D exits the transparent command, it's supposed to stay until hitting esc. Also, I have the settings set to DD.MMSSSS and when I checked the line, the transparent command used DD MM SS spaced, so it converted the bearing I entered. Never had this happen before in any previous version.

If I use the line by bearing command in the draw panel, it works properly.

Anyone else run into this?

Anyone have any ideas, is the a sysvar that need to be changed?

walter

Thank you,
Walter

IDSP Premium 2016
Win 7 Pro x64, 256Gb SSD, 4Tb HDD
16Gb Ram Intel i7-5930K @ 3.50GHz
3-NVIDIA GTX 970 4Gb (12Gb) Triple Monitors
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Cadguru42
in reply to: walterlewinski

@Anonymous wrote:

I just installed C3D 2015 the other day, using transparent commands to enter property lines by Bearing and distance.

Line command, click on Transparent BD, enter bearing, enter distance, after hitting enter C3D exits the transparent command, it's supposed to stay until hitting esc. Also, I have the settings set to DD.MMSSSS and when I checked the line, the transparent command used DD MM SS spaced, so it converted the bearing I entered. Never had this happen before in any previous version.

If I use the line by bearing command in the draw panel, it works properly.

Anyone else run into this?

Anyone have any ideas, is the a sysvar that need to be changed?

walter

I just tried creating a polyline using the transparant command 'BD and ran into an issue were the first segment was created, but when the second was the first disappeared.

EDIT: I did it again but this time I didn't type in anything for the first bearing and distance I just clicked on the screen. It worked then. I also tried to reproduce what happened the first time and I cannot. Not sure what's going on.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 3 of 7

I tried the same thing again using the standard C3D template that is included with C3D and had the same results.

It seem to be taking my bearing entry as decimals of a degree and converting to DMS, even though the template is set up correctly.

I don't know why it kicks out of the Transparent command, so that you need to pick it again and again...

Thank you,
Walter

IDSP Premium 2016
Message 4 of 7

There appears to be a difference with the '_BD command called by the toolbar button, and the 'BD" command entered on the keyboard.

When I use the toolbar button, the command returns a polar coordinate string, that it calculates, to the command line.  This seems to be what is kicking it out the the transparent bearing distance command.  When I key in 'BD, it appears to behave correctly.

I edited the cui file and changed '_BD to 'BD.

Angle formats of 44d33'22.11" or 44.332211 work for specifying the bearing value.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 5 of 7

Hi David,

Thanks, That worked. I hope Autodesk fixes their macros. 

It seems like all the tranparent macro have _ and are not working correctly some of the time.

Thank you,
Walter

IDSP Premium 2016
Message 6 of 7

I'm not sure why the commands are working differently.  The underscore before the name is used to refer to the global or default name, whereas the version without the underscore is the language specific version of the command.  For most commands the global name and the English name are the same. Therefor, they both should call the same function.  

Google "autocad underscore before command" if you want to learn more about this.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 7 of 7
_Hathaway
in reply to: david.zavislan

We just upgraded to 2015. I use my transparent commands from my toolbar on a daily basis. VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT THEY ARE NOT WORKING!!!!

Please Fix this!

PS. As i went and edited my CUI (which i dont like doing but am comfortable in doing it) Civil3d crashed on me and lost all my work.  BTW, the recovery.dwgs that are made when it crashes still contain 0 data, just like they have for the last 7+ years in this office.  ARGH!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report