Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2014 won't open Civil 3D 2013 file, just get FATAL ERROR

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
JonVinci
1050 Views, 7 Replies

Civil 3D 2014 won't open Civil 3D 2013 file, just get FATAL ERROR

I am trying to move all my project files into 2014 (basically trying to just open the files up in C3D 2014 and clicking save). I had some data shortcuts in the 2013 version as well.

It worked in all files except the most important one: The one that has my profiles and cross sections. Upon opening in 2014, I get this message:

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xfea34218 Exception at ebea8902h.

I've tried deleting all cross sections and assemblies in 2013 and retrying, but to no avail. What the hell is happening? I've tried opening in recover and it "fixed errors" but am still getting a fatal error when I try to open. 

What else can I do to get this to work? Right now my only option appears to be to recreate all my work in 2014!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jggerth1
in reply to: JonVinci

Audit, Purge, -purge in 2013 before trying ion 2014?

Maybe try DGNPurge as well, on the chance that some where uStn cruft crept in

Message 3 of 8
JonVinci
in reply to: jggerth1

@jggerth1 wrote:

Audit, Purge, -purge in 2013 before trying ion 2014?

Maybe try DGNPurge as well, on the chance that some where uStn cruft crept in

Check, check, and check. None of those worked.

And there's no microstation files associated with this project. This is driving me nuts.

Message 4 of 8

Most recently I've been having trouble with sites when opening in a different version. See if deleting the sites lets it open up the file.

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 5 of 8

@Civil3DReminders_com wrote:

Most recently I've been having trouble with sites when opening in a different version. See if deleting the sites lets it open up the file.

I did have a random site in the file and deleted it. Still didn't fix my problem though. Thanks for responding.

Message 6 of 8
AllenJessup

Since you have 2014 I'd think you would be on Subscription. It may be time to go to the Subscription site and open a Support Request.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
JonVinci
in reply to: AllenJessup

@AllenJessup wrote:

Since you have 2014 I'd think you would be on Subscription. It may be time to go to the Subscription site and open a Support Request.

Allen

I'll be honest, I just had 2014 installed on my computer at my company and really don't know what subscription perks I get. 

But it's alright, Spent the last 2 days recreating the alignments, profiles, and cross sections. Chalk it up work contigency.

Message 8 of 8
christopher

Next time export the information using LandXML and then bring it into the new file. Won't bring everything over but should save some time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report