Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2014 on VMWare ESXi 5.1

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
KeynetixJS
2138 Views, 3 Replies

Civil 3D 2014 on VMWare ESXi 5.1

Hi,

I have performed a clean install of Civil 3D 2014 on a 64bit Windows 7 Virtual machine running on VMWare ESXi 5.1

When starting autocad for the first time I recieve the error message "a display driver file .hdi is missing or has been corrupted"

I have checked the folder "c:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\Drv" and all .hdi files appear to be pressent.

Performing the same install but with Civil 3D 2013 works perfectly.

Can you please give me some suggestions as to the problem?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KeynetixJS
in reply to: KeynetixJS

Fixed It Smiley Happy

I just needed to give the virtual graphic card more memory, and enable 3D support.

Message 3 of 4
Cadguru42
in reply to: KeynetixJS

I thought it was against Autodesk's terms to use C3D in a virtual machine? I could be wrong, though.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM
Message 4 of 4
jnelson1071
in reply to: Cadguru42

@engrtech I looked it over again in the 2014 TOS and it would only be disallowed if the license was standalone. Network is fine up to the number of your licenses from what I read. 

@KeynetixJS, I had three computers during deployment that gave this same error message.  I ended up modifying their shortcut to add the "-nohardware" to the end of the switch options.  I suspect that the video driver for that card was not compatible or now that you mentioned the video ram I'll have to relook at that, thanks.

BTW, how is VMware working for you? We are getting ready to do some testing on it with some products.  Have any tips?

I know that most of the main 2014 products are Citrix XenApp approved, but our IT guys would like to utilize VMware instead.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report