Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2014 not finishing commands

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Cre9engr
466 Views, 3 Replies

Civil 3D 2014 not finishing commands

Is it just me, or does anyone else have problems with Civil 3D 2014 finishing commands? 

Let me explain.  I'm working along in Civil 3D, and I need to do a small tweak to a complicated corridor...adjust the station range of a region or add a couple targets.  Yada yada yada.  So, I click on my corridor, open up the the corridor properties, and make my change.  I then click on OK to update the corridor and close the corridor properties box.  I then click on my construction lines and type erase into the command line.....and walah....my corridor is erased!  It's extremely frustrating.

It's not just the corridor dialog box.  It's any command that opens a dialog box.  Need to change the style for surface....open the surface properties box, change the style, click OK,......and then I click move to move a light pole.  Abracadabra!  My surface suddenly moves to some random point near Timbuktu.  Change the alignment station labels....open the dialog box, click OK....and I'm searching for my alignment near Timbuktu after running the next command.

I thought clicking OK means "Ok. I'm done with the command. Close the box." in Windows Speak.  I never had this problem with Civil 3D 2013, but I'm constantly having this problem with Civil 3D 2014.  I have to click OK and then hit esc 5 or 6 times to force Civil 3D to "release" my corridor, profile, alignment, surface, or whatever before I can run the next command.  It's getting extremely frustrating.  The majority of the problems occur when I want to run a Vanilla Autocad command after closing a Civil 3D dialog box.

Am I going insane or is anyone else having this type of problem?

Fred
-Civil 3D 2016 sp2
-Windows 7 64-bit
-Intel Xeon with 3.5 GHz
-16 GB of RAM
-Nvidia Quadro K2200
-Civil 3D user since 2007
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: Cre9engr

Sounds a lot like the Civil 3D selected objects issue described in this Cad Panacea blog.

I've never noticed anything quite like your describing.

But then again, I'm not really missing out on anything either, by the sounds of it.  Smiley Happy

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
Cre9engr
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay,

That's exactly what's happening.

Fred
-Civil 3D 2016 sp2
-Windows 7 64-bit
-Intel Xeon with 3.5 GHz
-16 GB of RAM
-Nvidia Quadro K2200
Message 4 of 4
Cre9engr
in reply to: Cre9engr

Thank you Jay.

Setting the pickadd variable to 0 solves the intial problem, but it brings up the problems related to the nature of the pickadd variable.  When you set the pickadd variable to 0, you can only pick one object at time.  Setting the pickadd variable to 1 allows you select multiple objects at the same time.  At least there is a toggle in the properties box that allows someone to adjust the pickadd variable.

I would classify setting the pickadd variable to 0 as a workaround for my original problem.  It's not the solution I'm looking for, but at least I can avoid the bigger problem of erasing my corridor that I just spent 8 hours perfecting.

Fred
-Civil 3D 2016 sp2
-Windows 7 64-bit
-Intel Xeon with 3.5 GHz
-16 GB of RAM
-Nvidia Quadro K2200

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report