Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2014 Point Group "NO DISPLAY" does not appear to be included

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
MatTheDrafter
2926 Views, 7 Replies

Civil 3D 2014 Point Group "NO DISPLAY" does not appear to be included

I just started work in Civil 3D 2014 and was going about creating different point groups for some volume calculations so I could create different surfaces.  I noticed after creating my first point group that the NO DISPLAY group could not been seen in the Prospector under Point Group.  Now in previous editions there has always been a NO Display Group so you can easily view your different groups.  Is this something they changed in Civil 3D 2014 or was the installations faulty?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: MatTheDrafter

Did you create a NO DISPLAY point group that isn't showing? The dwt's that ship with C3D do not include any point groups, other than the _All Points group. 

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 8
MatTheDrafter
in reply to: Jeff_M

I didn't great a "NO DISPLAY" group but in previous versions that group was already created for me.

Message 4 of 8
DMFACER

The template files in the previous releases must have been customized. Are you using a company template, or a standard Civil 3D template? Are you using the same template file as in previous versions?

"The most dangerous phrase in the language is 'We've always done it this way.'" - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper
Message 5 of 8
MatTheDrafter
in reply to: DMFACER

The company modified the tempate to look more like the one they use for AutoCAD Maps.

I just remember "NO DISPLAY" point group always being there in other version as a stand thing.

Message 6 of 8
Jeff_M

If you always want that Point Group to be in your drawings you will need to add it to your template. Or, write a small program to auto create it if it doesn't exist (good for when opening drawings already created that do not have that group).

EESignature
Message 7 of 8
MatTheDrafter
in reply to: Jeff_M

Know of any good sources to learn how to write such a program for Civil 3D?
Message 8 of 8
Jeff_M

Here's one:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-Customization/bd-p/190

Ask over there and I will share a quick lisp that can be used as a start.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report