Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2014 HEC-RAS Export

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1501 Views, 3 Replies

Civil 3D 2014 HEC-RAS Export

I am attempting to export HEC-RAS data from a Civil 3D 2014 drawing.  When I click the pulldown menu to select a surface in the Export to HEC RAS window an error pops up stating, "There are no surfaces to sample. Exiting now.", then I click OK and this message pops up, "Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.  InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'. Parameter name: SelectedIndex."  I click Continue and the Export to HEC RAS window closes.  I started with a surface in the drawing that was created from a DEM, so I extracted the contours from the DEM surface and created a TIN surface thinking it may have been the type of surface causing the issue, but I got the same results. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Last I used the export to RAS was with C3D 2012; however on the assumption it still runs the same way: are you sure you already put an alignment with sample lines? That's how C3D figures out at which sections and how often it should ge tdata to export to RAS readable files.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Yes, I have an alignment with sample lines created in the drawing.  I am able to select the alignment and sample line group in the Export HEC RAS Data window pulldown menus.  The Surface pulldown menu crashes the window when I click in it.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hmm hold on, I think I had an error like this previously. Let me try to recreate.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report