Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2013 Profile View - Grid displays incorrectly.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
sgarnett56
1734 Views, 7 Replies

Civil 3D 2013 Profile View - Grid displays incorrectly.

We are having an issue with profile grid shooting off to the left of 0+00 rather than starting at 0+00 and stopping at the end of the profile.  There is nothing in the settings that I can find that is telling the grid to extend close to 2000' to the left.  Has anyone else had this problem? What can be done to fix it?  Three of the four profiles are doing this.  One of them displays correctly, but there are no differences that we can find in the settings.

Thanks,

Sherrie

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
gccdaemon
in reply to: sgarnett56

I think I've had this problem, but not to the extent you are. Could you post a picture? If I recall it had something to do with the grid padding in the profile view style.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 3 of 8
sgarnett56
in reply to: gccdaemon

I looked there, and all padding is set to 0, except for above and below, about 25', which we set in the Elevations tab in the Profile View Properties "user specified height".

Thanks,

s

Message 4 of 8
gccdaemon

Check the grid padding here.

Untitled.jpg

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 5 of 8
sgarnett56

What's even stranger, is that those profiles are nowhere near my plan area - I placed them over 5000' to the right.  However, in my Location Map, all three of those grids have to be frozen in the plan view because they appear to be on top of the project area in plan.  Makes no sense to us at all.

~Sherrie

Message 6 of 8
gccdaemon

That is a viewport/layout cache problem. The profile is annotative so if your scale changes, it changes too. Once you set the viewport scale, lock it, switch to model tab and switch back. If it's still there, close the drawing and reopen.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 7 of 8
sgarnett56
in reply to: gccdaemon

Thanks for your help Andrew!! 

Here's the snip ... my settings are at 0.00 to the left and right in the Grid Padding ... but were set to 100.00 to the Right on the Axis, I changed that to 0.00 and it fixed the problem.  (Not sure why it was shooting off to the left rather than the right though!).

Grid Options.JPG

Message 8 of 8
gccdaemon

No problem!, also don't forget to mark as solution. The reason it was shooting to the left is because the glitch is happening with the right axis. When that setting is not set to 0, it offsets from the left axis. Purely a C3D profile programming error.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report