Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2013 - Point marker with attributed block

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
BtimmermanMMS
1166 Views, 6 Replies

Civil 3D 2013 - Point marker with attributed block

How do you get a point marker that uses a block with attributes to show the attributed text?

We are using tree symbols that have the size of the tree as an attribute, but when the points that use that block come in...the block shows up w/out any attributed text. Tried to edit the "block" or point marker with attedit command, but C3D tells me it is not a block. Understand that it is a "marker" for the point. But, what is stopping the text size of tree from showing up?

Any help greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dgordon
in reply to: BtimmermanMMS

attributes don't work thru point markers.   use the point label style to show this text information.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 7
BtimmermanMMS
in reply to: dgordon

I see the options under the component name (Text, Line, Block). But, I do NOT see any options for attributes. Where does one find the options to add attributes to the label style for the point.

One solution a co-worker had was to explode the points. They've been causing some issues besides this one...

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
troma

Don't use attributes.  Use the label to show the size of the tree.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 7
d1of2

Basically, you point description becomes an attribute. Actually the attribute has grown up to the point description?!

Windows 7 64
Intel Core i7 2.0 GHz 2.0 GHz
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX460M
Civil 3D 2012 SP2.1
Message 6 of 7
jdelamora1

Is ther a way to convert points with attributes to blocks with attributes.  I have points with attributes, and I need to covert them to blocks.  When I do that I loose all my attributes? 

Message 7 of 7
sboon
in reply to: jdelamora1

You do not have points with attributes.  Civil3d points are not blocks and they do not store data that way.  If you export the drawing then you can get blocks (if that was part of the point style,) and text.

There might be a third party tool that could do this.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report