Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2013 Pipe Networks Reference Surface Amended

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Adam-Jacobs-Mckenzie
1121 Views, 1 Reply

Civil 3D 2013 Pipe Networks Reference Surface Amended

Hi,

I would be grateful if someone had a solution to the following problem.

I have designed a pipe network in Civil 3D 2013, first I created a rule set for both structures and pipes, then I created a parts list, next I built my network.

Where more than two pipes connected to one structure, I found 'applyrules' couldn't align everything appropriately, so I had to manually amend the levels in 3D to ensure the pipes connected correctly (soffit to soffit / top invert to top invert).

My problem is that after doing all this, the surface model has been amended! I have changed the reference surface in the network properties and in the vista. The rim height of my structures seems to have been adjusted in the most part but my pipes have not.

In areas where the surface has gone down, my minimum cover is violated. Is there a way to move the pipes back down to minimum cover, without using 'applyrules', as using that command would change the gradients to the minimum, some gradients have changed during my manual adjustments.

Furthermore, where the surface model has reduced in level significantly, my pipes are now above the surface and the manhole has stayed there too. (see attached images)

Thank you for your time,

If you require any more information, please let me know.

Thanks,

Adam

MH error where pipe has not moved to min cover.PNG

MH error where pipe has not moved to min cover.PNG

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

I had a similar issue.  I went into the Part Builder and changed my Barrel Clearance to 0 or whatever number I needed to use.  I am sure you have been in there before.  If not, let me know and I will send you a walk-thru. 

C3D 2016 SP3
DELL Precision T3600
Intel Xeon E5-1650 @ 3.20GHz
NVIDIA QUADRO 4000 Dual Monitor
32 GB RAM / Win7 Pro 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report