Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2013 Locks up on basic Tasks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
JWOLLENBERG
574 Views, 6 Replies

Civil 3D 2013 Locks up on basic Tasks

I have a new machine that locks up when doing basic tasks. Things such as pedit, switching tabs, undo.  I am beginning to think that it is hardware related because the same drawing work perfectly fine in older machines

Xeon E3-1240

16GB RAM

MSI Z77A-G41 LGA 1155 MB

Samsung Pro SSD 256GB

AMD FirePro W5000 Video Card

This is the first build with a SSD and this Video Card.  I have the AMD V4900 in two other machines and they seem to be adequate but wanted a better card for this build.  Anyone have trouble with similar specs?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: JWOLLENBERG

Which Operating System are you using?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 7
JWOLLENBERG
in reply to: Jeff_M

Win 7 Ultimate

Message 4 of 7

That graphics card IS certified by Autodesk.  I would reset your user settings...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19170578&linkID=9240697

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 7
Joe-Bouza

among the other suggestions; Close all your palettes to see if performance gets better

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
tcorey

Yes another possible speed killer: If you are working in a environment where you share AutoCAD support files with other users in a network location, AutoCAD will check those network locations over and over and over as you're working. This can really kill a system's performance.

To test if this is your problem, set all of your AutoCAD support (all support paths, including printers, plot styles, templates, etc.) paths back to the local drive and see if your speed increases.

To find which are causing the issue, put them back one-at-a-time and test.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 7 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: tcorey

Hmmm. interesting, but I'd have to think twice going local for 20 Workstations. Do yo do that, Tim?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report