AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
ceethreedee.com
Message 1 of 2 (706 Views)

Civil 3D 2013 - Dynamic Surface Profiles acting as Static Profiles!

706 Views, 1 Replies
11-14-2012 10:47 PM

I am having some issues with surface profiles on a dreffed alignment no updating dynamically.

Currently it requires me to set them to static, then back to dynamic and they update.

I am well aware of the issue of dreffed surface profiles staying static. I am using the work around of dreffing in the surface and sampling in the drawing using the dreffed alignment.

Any ideas? Anyone else run into this issue?

Kapanther

Civil 3D 2014 (SP2)
Win 7 Pro x64 -DELL Precision Workstation T3500
Intel Xeon 3.3GHz (w3680) -24Gb Ram
NVIDIA Quadro 2000 (1GB)
ceethreedee.com
*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 2 of 2 (678 Views)

Re: Civil 3D 2013 - Dynamic Surface Profiles acting as Static Profiles!

11-15-2012 07:55 AM in reply to: ceethreedee.com
No solution but I've seen the problem. In my experience this can be from 2 things:
1. Corruption in the dwg (can't be fixed with recover)
2. DWGs upgraded from older releases (2012 for example).

I like to make surface profiles in the same DWG as the alignment so I never have this problem.

And to contradict my earlier statements, I've tried 2012 files organized the way you do without a problem, so that's not always it.
Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.