Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2012 text

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
aslove
5077 Views, 27 Replies

Civil 3D 2012 text

Anyone having problem with text text when editing.  It seems to hold it position after you edit and try to rotate or move the text?

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28

@patferrell3461 wrote:

I don't have a solution (sorry). But I am having the same problem on my installation and one other installation in the office.

Interestingly though, it is only happeing with our two 32-bit installations. The other guy in the office with AutoCAD is running 64-bit and says that it has yet to happen to him...

(All three installations are Civil 3D 2012)

**UPDATE 9-16-11: It has begun happening on the 64-bit installation as well now.

Message 22 of 28
lamaideluna
in reply to: mbm98

I just needed to let you know. Thank you so much!!!

I almost lost it here!

Thank you, Thank you!

Message 23 of 28
Greg-CR
in reply to: aslove

I was in the habit of purging and auditing a file before closing it. Recently I have found that if I don't purge after editing some text and then close the file Civil3d crashed. Also I have found the problem in dimensions (if I override the text) and multi-leaders.

It would be nice to hear from Autodesk seeing as there is a similar thread from 2008.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Land-Desktop/Internal-Error-cannot-open-MTEXT-to-write-changes...

Even if its not a solution some work-a-round would be good. Like setting audit to run in the background before or after autosave.

Message 24 of 28
parkerm

I think it is obvious now that Autodesk isn't doing anything about this. It's been a problem since the day I downloaded 2012.

Message 25 of 28
Jeff_M
in reply to: parkerm

@Anonymous wrote:

I think it is obvious now that Autodesk isn't doing anything about this. It's been a problem since the day I downloaded 2012.

You should check before you speak...SP1 was released yesterday which fixes this.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 26 of 28
parkerm
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks!!! I had given up on it...Seemed like it should have been fixed easily and a lot quicker though..

Message 27 of 28
kim
Participant

I'm still on civil3d2009 and ironically only having issued with "dragged labels" in one particular drawing.  I think it was corrupted on another work station.  I've audited and purged a 100 times.  Changed the DTEXTED to 1 as noted, ran audit and saved... dragged the first label to new position, no problem, dragged the second and ... same thing -freezing up.  Have to resort to ctrl alt delete to close program and even then, it takes forever.  Is there a fix for this in 2009?

Message 28 of 28
mbm98
in reply to: patferrell3461

Kim,

Sorry to read that you are still having problems. The group I worked with had to scrap our template drawing and start a new template in 2009 format. We had used a 2002 drawing before that and just saved it in 2009 format. As it turned out, that wasnt the best strategy. I dont know if the service packs for 2009 ever fixed the underlying issue because we moved to C3D 2010 & then C3D 2012. We have been using a 64bit load of Windows 7 with Civil 3d 2012 and it has been rock solid. The key for us was creating a new template in the version we were working in and then just insert our blocks & styles as needed.  

Wish I had better news for you!

M...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report