Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2012 not responding when switching to model tab

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jgatten40
1289 Views, 6 Replies

Civil 3D 2012 not responding when switching to model tab

I have a drawing that is "Not Responding" when switching from a layout tab to model space by clicking the "Model" tab.  I ran a recovery on the drawing and there are no errors.  I can't get into model space except by clicking inside my viewport.  How can I fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
wfberry
in reply to: jgatten40

Try this:

In the command line

tilemode

set it to 1

Set it to 0 if you need to go back to layout.

Message 3 of 7

I have the same problem - model space not responding when I move from layout tab to model tab.  I've tried resetting the tilemode but it locks up.

I'm using Civil 3D 2012 as well

Message 4 of 7
sboon
in reply to: FayWeeksEngineering

I would suggest that you make a backup copy of the drawing and all associated files, and then try either the Recovery command or a full RecoverAll operation.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 5 of 7
FayWeeksEngineering
in reply to: sboon

Thank you and let me give you the lowdown on the process.  I resaved the drawings as a new file. "Recoverall"

It is asking me to convert VBA content to .net.   I have been approving that but maybe that is not a good idea?

Message 6 of 7

I have reopened the new file . no luck getting into model space . . . . perhaps I should have converted the VBA  to .net?

Message 7 of 7
pj123
in reply to: wfberry

tilemode worked for me.

C3D would not switch to model, and then not respond.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report