Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2012 Point Labels are too big in a Viewport

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
TimQ1963
9631 Views, 11 Replies

Civil 3D 2012 Point Labels are too big in a Viewport

While using AutoCAD 2008 LDD, I was able to set my point label size so that it looked the same in Model Space and Paper Space. I have my Model Space at 1:1, and my Paper Space Viewport set at the Scale Factor as needed, 1" = 50' i.e.. I now am using Civil 3D 2012 and have a decent grasp of Point Label Styles, the problem I am having is that when using the same parameters as mentioned before, my Point Label is at the right size in Model Space, setting the height at a size comparable to the Drawing Scale, such that if the Drawing Scale within the Viewport was 1" = 60', I would set the text size 4.8, but when doing this, it makes my Point Label text size huge. Could someone please assist?

TimQ.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
troma
in reply to: TimQ1963

Set the Annotation Scale in modelspcae to the same scale as the viewport.
Set the text size in paperspace units, as if you were putting text in paperspace.
Make sure the paperspace units are right in the page setup or plot dialog.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 12
rachelc11

If your text size is 4.8, that would make it 4.8" tall in paperspace. I usually set my text to somewhere between 0.08 and 0.15. When you're in model space, adjust your scale in the lower right hand corner to be the same as your viewport scale, and then the text should appear the same in model and paper space.

Message 4 of 12
mathewkol

Drawing in metres in model space?

Set the paper space layout to mm.

Set the paper space scales to 1=1

Drawing in feet in model space?

Set thw paper space layout to inches.

Set the paper space scales to 1=1.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 12
TimQ1963
in reply to: troma

Thank you very much!!!

Message 6 of 12
apurba
in reply to: mathewkol

Not working, may be i am doing wrong, Can i have some videos regarding labels are too big in a viewport

Thanks

Message 7 of 12
awkeller88
in reply to: apurba

Another thing that may help. Go to your Civil 3D settings tab (right under prospector). Right click on the drawing and 'Edit drawing settings...' confirm that your drawing units are consistent to what your drawing is.

I was having all sorts of trouble getting the scaling right until I realized my metric drawing's Civil 3D was using Feet. After I corrected the issue I edited the style appropriately and was good to go.

~Andy

Message 8 of 12
jonwill1965
in reply to: awkeller88

None of this helps if you are xrefing in a dwg. Points look great in MS, but all blown up and large in PS when seen thru the viewport, even though annotative scale is the same for both. Once again the idiocy of annotative scaling comes to the fore. The stupidest thing Autodesk ever cam up with.

Message 9 of 12

I am having the same issue with my contour labels appearing too large in my viewports.  I have tried most of the recommendations on here, but to no positive outcome.  Any help would be appreciated.....civil 3d contour label problem.JPG

Message 10 of 12

Attach a small drawing and we can take a look at it.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: brian.robbinsUAKQ4

Check the text height of your labels. Scaling up the text as before is not needed anymore. If you want your height to be 10 pt just use 0.10 in the label text height.

Message 12 of 12

I believe I have it corrected now, thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report