Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2012 Pipes do not Displaying in Profile, works correctly on 2 computers

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rgerard
1868 Views, 6 Replies

Civil 3D 2012 Pipes do not Displaying in Profile, works correctly on 2 computers

We are currently using 2012 Civil 3D, and we have a issue with a drawing that not all the Pipes from the pipe network are displaying in the Profile, and even the pipe properties display box the lengths show up way too long and the stationing does not display correctly in this pipe properties box either.

The Big Twist is that we have 2 machines in the offices that will display the drawing correctly, in profile view and pipe properties display box has correct lengths and stationing. So we know it is not styles, etc.

Direct support has suggested we un-install all Autodesk products and reinstall them all again, we tried the repair, however this did not work. Any other suggestions before we have to go through all this work, as we are looking a huge amount of downtime, and we do not think this is the issue. Perhaps a Civil 3D variable or Autocad variable is different? Hopefully someone else has experienced this problem and has some suggestions?

Thanks Roxanne

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ryan_88
in reply to: rgerard

i too would like to know the answer to this vexing question....

Message 3 of 7
jmayo-EE

IF you post a file we could poke arounf in it and offer solutions if they are known. What exaclty do you mean by, 'they don't display correctly'? Is this a style issue?

Have you checked to see if the profile view has a pipe style override assigned that hodes the pipe? Profile View Propoerties dialog box, Pipe Networks tab. Slide the horzontal scroll bar all the way to the left to see the style override column.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 7
rgerard

Thanks John,

I posted the file so you can take a look. We know it is not styles because it is displayed correctly on 2 of our computers, it shows up perfect in the profile view, however when you open it up on the other 4 machines, some of the pipes do not show up and if they do they are way too long. It is weird because in the 2 computers that it does show up correctly in, all the pipes properties are correct with starting and ending stationing being correct, however in the 4 machines that it does not display correctly, the pipes properties list the ending or starting stations depending on the pipe has some crazy numbers way too long by thousands of feet. The drawing is the same exact drawing file, just loaded on 2 different machine, yets displays and recognizes the pipes differently.

Thanks Roxanne

Message 5 of 7
rgerard

John,

We just now noticed that the 2 computers that the drawing works correctly on, do not have the latest service pack 1, the other 4 all had the sp1 installed, and they all have the same problem in the profile view. Do you think this could be our problem, there is a glitch in the service pack 1?

Roxanne

Message 6 of 7
ryan_88

i can confirm that the problem is with service pack 1.

i removed all autodesk products from machine per the instruction found here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=2887771&linkID=9240617

i then reinstalled Civil 3D 2012 without sp1 and the pipes displayed correctly, and the part properties (specifcally start and end stations) were correct.

i then installed sp1, reopend the drawing, and pipes were not displayed correctly, and part properties were incorrect.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18133124&linkID=9240698

i believe there is an issue with service pack 1.

Message 7 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: ryan_88

Glad you got it worked out!

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report