Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2011 crashes when switching between layouts and model space

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1018 Views, 3 Replies

Civil 3D 2011 crashes when switching between layouts and model space

I am running AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 and my program keeps freezing when I switch from my paper space layouts to model space.

I am running Windows 7 64 bit on an HP desktop with an Intel Core I5 processoer and 8GB RAM.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SethHall
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Josh-

Does this happen in all drawings or just one? Also have you noticed this occurring on multiple machines or just yours? Try toggling the Layout Regen Options on the System tab of the OPTIONS menu and see if that gives you better results.

LRO.png

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 4
hgohel

In the subject you mentioned C3D crashes, but in the body you mentioned that it freezes.  If it crashes and you can send in a CER report, I can look it up to see what may be happening based on the email address you used when you submitted it.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I have been having this same problem lately. After doing a quick search I found this thread. The issue is resolved if I unload the xref that has the aerial imagery in it. It is a work around but to me that is not solving the problem. It is merely a bandaide which to me is not acceptable.

I was thinking it is an issue with the Quadro 600 but I have not found any related post. I have the latest driver for it too. The same issue persisted even after updating the driver though, so I don't believe it is a graphics issue. If it is then it was not addressed in the new patch.

The client is not crashing. It merely freezes up. The only recourse is to end the process and restart.

Edit:

I have determined what was causing this issue. I turned off Adaptive Degradation and the issue seems to have gone away. I don't really need this enabled so I will leave it off. But it seems to me that this is a graphics issue but not sure if it is Civil 3D or the graphics driver.

Having figured this out though does not satisfy my understanding on the issue. I would like to know why that feature is the cause of the problem. Is it a driver issue or is it something broken in the Civil 3D client? If it is not broken then why does it act cause this problem?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report