Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2011 Point Groups and Excluded Points

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
KevinCollinsNEI
9027 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 3D 2011 Point Groups and Excluded Points

By habit, when I import survey data from ASCII files, I create a point group for just those points.  That allows me to separate points by when the points were shot and who supplied the data.  Usually I just include all the groups I need inside the surface model for modeling purposes.

On the job I'm working on now, I've had to go a step further.  I needed to exclude some points from the modelling process.  So instead of trying to figure out which group contained which points, I simply added all of the data to another point group called "Modeling".  I then went about excluding the points I needed to (by selecting them in the drawing)  and then told Civil 3D to use the new "Modeling" group for the surface model.

All went well, until I needed to add some of the excluded points back to the model.  (Long story.)  So I go through the list of excluded point numbers and remove the one I needed from the list of excluded ponts.  Did an "Update" on the point group and a "Rebuild" on the model - nothing changed.  The previously excluded points are still being treated as excluded and ignored by the both the point group settings (ie styles) and the surface model.

Anyone know what's going on here? And, more importantly, how to cure it?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: KevinCollinsNEI

Sometimes saving, closing, and then reopening the drawing solves mysteries like this. 

Are the points no longer showing in the Exclude Points panel of the Point Group properties?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
KevinCollinsNEI
in reply to: Jeff_M

The point was not in the ":Excluded Points" tab.  But the solution of saving and restarted (and then another "update" on the point group) solved the problem.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report