Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2010 does not bring in object data

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Hidden_Brain
637 Views, 6 Replies

Civil 3D 2010 does not bring in object data

when i import a shp, and create object data using one of the fields, Civil 3D 2010 does not seem to be able to create the object data. when i go to properties window, object data created is not listed at the bottom. i have map 3d 2010 installed, have the map cuis loaded in civil 3d, and things like topologies etc work just fine. has anyone experienced this problem? using civil 3d 2010, all SPs except 3, win7 64 bit.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dgordon
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

Youngeit,

I think you're just looking in the wrong place for the object data.

try search for the edit object data command and this may help you.   I don't ever remember this data showing up in the properties dialog box.

Dan

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 3 of 7
Sinc
in reply to: dgordon

It shows up in the properties dialog for me...  You made sure to create the Object Data during the import...?

1038i3DEA0B0917D4858F

1040iE9A2469EDD3FBA2F

Sinc
Message 4 of 7

Dan:

Object Data now shows up from Map & Civil in the Properties Palette as 'OD:' followed by the various defined fields of information.

I haven't had YoungEIT's problem, but I'll try it now on my machine (Win7 64-bit) to see if it imports correctly and update if it doesn't behave as expected.

TdH 

Message 5 of 7

Well, you learn something new everyday, and sometimes for free 🙂

Dan

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 6 of 7
Hidden_Brain
in reply to: Hidden_Brain

the first time i thought that i may have missed the step to actually create object data, so i re-did it again in 2010. that's when i realized that its not working. not in front of my computer right now (thank God, its friday night!), but will test monday morning if it returns value with edit obj data command. then, for fun, i tested the same shp in 2009, and it comes in fine. restarting 2010 did not make any difference. so, two things to check monday morning, if i have the same issue with map 3d 2010, and if edit obj data box has any values. will keep you guys posted, thanks for all your suggestions.

Message 7 of 7

There are some "broken" routines exporting from C3D to .SHP files - notably that the development team put files in the wrong place with the deployment.  For instance the portion of the dialog box to say what type of .SHP (Point, Line, Polygon or Text) was excluded for some unknown reason.  So, I'd make sure that you check the product page and make sure you have all of the service packs & hotfixes applied.  I don't think this is the root of your issue, but just one more thing to try.

Cheers!

TdH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report